Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Freshly Made Sketch and Color Throwdown Challenge

When I saw today's Freshly Made Sketch and Color Throwdown challenges I knew they'd be perfect together for some small pictures of Santa from Graphic45 paper.




My card is 5" x 6.5."  The The red and olive colors were in some scraps I had from Basic Grey several years ago, I just added a yellow mat which actually tied in with the colors in the Santa pictures. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on the Outdoor Denim from Close To My Heart. It's white core was revealed by sanding. The Freshly Made Sketch kept it all simple. The sentiment is from the CTMH stamp set "A Holiday." I wanted a font that could be seen as "old fashioned" to go with the pictures.

I put the pictures in story sequence, ending with Santa watching the little child praying. I thought that was adorable.

9 comments:

None None said...

What a great mix of colors and I love the retro images of Santa. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Love these retro images against that fabulous background!

Lauri said...

Those Santas remind me of my childhood...cool vintage images! Anyone would love to get this card! Thanks for joining Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Lydia Fiedler said...

Oh Vickie I love those vintage images!!! Beautiful card - thank you for playing with us!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I'm a sucker for vintage Christmas images so I just adore this! Thanks for playing with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Those Santas are so awesome! I love the choice of designer paper and the sanding too. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko

Lesley said...

How sweet! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my, this is just lovely ...love those vintage images ... well done!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Cindy Hall said...

What a beautiful card! I love all the fine details! Thanks for playing with Freshly Made Sketches this week!