Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Viva La Verve and CR84FN Card Challenges

A couple of weeks ago we had our first snow north of Kansas City, Missouri. It only stayed on the cars for a couple of hours in the morning, but it was enough to let me know that I needed to put away short sleeve shirts and get out more sweaters. Overall, we've had a warm November, but I've been ready to play with my new stamps of children playing in the snow. It seems to bring the kids so much joy, I need to remember those days and find things to be thankful for during the long, cold winter. Here's my card for Viva La Verve the first week of November challenge.


The papers are from Close To My Heart (retired "Aspen"). I used a new stamp set called Winter Joy for the image and a sentiment from Verve. The cuttlebug embossing folder is for 5 x 7 cards. I wish there were more that size! I used a Martha Stewart snowflake punch and some dimensional snowflakes from my stash. I added CTMH Glitz Glitter Glue to all of them for some sparkle. The photo doesn't do them justice.

I combined the Week Two VLV challenge with this week's CR84FN Color Challenge that uses green, tan, and brown.


I used Basic Grey's Origin's paper to make this card. The tan paper is CTMH Kraft CS. The verse is from Verve. I stamped some background leaves with the sentiment using CTMH Spring Leaves (retired) and Sweet Leaf ink. I wove a tan organdy ribbon through some tan lace, which looked to skimpy alone.

1 comment:

Mona Pendleton said...

What lovely cards Vickie! What pretty patterned paper and wonderful sentiment! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN:)