Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Viva La Verve Weeks 3 and 4

I love making cards to encourage my friends and family. The Nook and Pantry papers from Basic Grey spelled "comfort" to me, so I used them to make the card for the Verve Week 3 Challenge. The brown and yellow grid papers are from Basic Grey's Origins paper pack. The circle of dots and sentiments are both retired from CTMH. I love the shaped mats that were cut using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. Using the Cricut gives me more size options than I get from my Nestabilities.


The card for Week 4 is a Christmas card using Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses. The little snow scene was punched out of the paper using a 2" punch. I cut the snowflake using the cricut Art Philosophy cartridge, then I stamped it with CTMH Clear embossing ink and embossed it with Seafoam white embossing powder. If you try cutting first, then stamping and embossing, I suggest you have tweezers handy so you don't burn your fingers.  The "merry christmas" greeting is from CTMH "A Holiday" stamp set. The sparkles, ribbon, and button are also CTMH.

No comments: