Thursday, December 22, 2011

December Birthday - Sketch for You to Try

My younger brother is one of those unfortunate people who have their birthdays on Christmas Eve. His birthday was always combined with Christmas celebrations. Of course, I thought he was the best Christmas present that year. I had three younger sisters and had always wanted a brother. Now he has a house in the woods with so much wildlife around. I got this stamp set with him in mind and this sketch was perfect for his birthday card. I especiall chose the aqua glittered snowflake paper with his birth in mind. We were having a terrible snowstorm when my dad had to drive my mom to the hospital many miles away late that night. We were left home alone and I got to play Santa Claus the next morning because the snow was too deep for my dad to drive home until later. I was 13 and knew where Mom had hidden the gifts that were supposed to be from Santa. Christmas morning was exciting in so many ways that year! Happy Birthday, Jeff!


I rotated my card 90 degrees clockwise from Jen del Muro's original sketch. One of the techniques I used was called tissue inking. I inked the tree with swirls in Garden Green, then inked a section of Kleenex in Juniper, which matched the aqua paper better, and dabbed it on the swirl. That both removes some of the green and mixes in some of the Juniper more gradually. I sponged some green on the edges and used that same tissue to add extra Juniper there, too.


Materials Used:
Paper: Reminisce Naughty or Nice; CTMH Colonial White and Kraft CS
Stamps: Nature's Gift (CTMH)
Ink: CTMH Chocolate, Desert Sand, Garden Green, Juniper, Black
Accessories: CTMH wooden buttons and waxy flax, Cricut Art Philosophy (circle), Kleenex brand tissue




No comments: