Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Snowy Ornament

Challenges are great to get your creative juices flowing. Today I cased a card from Case Study and combined it with the color scheme from The Play Date Cafe and the theme of CCEE Stampers (ornament). Here is Amy Sheffer's beautifully ornate card that I cased (copied elements from, without copying the card):


I used her black, white, and aqua color scheme without using as much black. I cut the bottom front edge of the card with a different border punch. For a round element, I used a snowflake ornament that I cut using Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. I stamped a decorative black border and embossed it with black embossing powder. I also tied a large white bow on my card. She used black pearls, I used aqua sparkles on the snowflake. I used a snowflake embossing folder for the background and Swiss dots on the bottom layer of the ornament, which she used on the bottom strip of her card. Here's my card:

 


Amy Sheffer's card and my card both use the following Color Inspiration picture from The Play Date Cafe.





6 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

What a great use of white space, Vickie! And I'm swooning over all the textures you've tied into this beauty! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Sabrina said...

I agree with Jinny! This is beautiful!

Julie Ranae said...

Vicki...what a beauty and just the right amount of 'splash!' So glad to have you in The Cafe with us this week!

Maria said...

Gorgeous elegant Christmas card, so pretty!

Amy Sheffer said...

WOW! Such a classy design! I love it and am honored by your CASE! Thanks so much for playing along at CASE study!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your cards are so elegant. Thanks, for joining us in the CCEE stampers challenge.