Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Multicolored Grace

This week the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge is to make a multi-colored card because of this scripture used in their lesson: 

1 Peter 4:10: “As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.” There is the word, manifold which translated means, multicolored. Many-colored grace. 

I personally believe He shows us each grace in many different ways, dealing with us as unique individuals, not as carbon copies. When my oldest daughter was just a toddler, we moved to a parsonage where someone had planted irises of every hue, all different, surrounding the yard. I was amazed that there could be so many different kinds of irises. That's when I realized my cranky, picky-eater two-year-old was different than the children whose parents kept giving me advice. If God made so many different kinds of irises, he surely made many kinds of people, all lovely in their own way.  I knew she was unique and needed to be dealt with individually, the same way God deals with us. That totally changed the way I taught other people's children in school, treating each as individuals.
I still had a very colorful piece of Basic Grey that I thought was a multi-colored candidate. Then I saw the Clearly Inspired Challenge #46 at the Clearly iStamp blog to make a card that was not square or rectangle. I had recently purchased one of their digital stamps with a butterfly and flower and I knew they were meant for the multi-colored card. And here's the result blending the two challenges. I used the same procedure for cutting this card using my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge that I mentioned on my earlier post today.



I had chosen this verse to make a card for one of my grandkids who was baptised a couple of weeks ago. My grandkids like to come to our farm and explore with me. Nature has so many spiritual truths to teach us. I hope they all learn the lessons of the new life we have in Christ and relying on His power to remove old habits, old fears, old inadequacies as He makes us more like Him.

Thank you ladies for your beautiful challenges.

6.5" x 5.25" card recipe:
Paper - Basic Grey "Color Me Silly;" CTMH Colonial White, White, Black Cardstock
Digital Stamp - Clear Dollar Stamps - New Butterfly
Other - Copic markers;CTMH -  black marker, Opaques -pearl, mocha, and licorice; Wilton doily

1 comment:

Traci M said...

This is a great take on our Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week...love your butterfly and multi-colored striped paper. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!!