Friday, February 24, 2012

Sweet n Sassy Sketch 146 - Singing Cardinal

I discovered that you can buy digital stamps, including Scripture sentiments, at Sweet n Sassy Stamps. Here's a card I made using one of their beautifully scripted sentiments.  I immediately thought of birds when I read this verse. I used their sketch for this week at their blog, The Sweet Stop, and the lovely color palette from Cards And Things Challenge #108.




The Sweet Stop challenge includes using punches or dies. I used a 2" scalloped circle punch for the sentiment, a 3" circle punch for the pink ladybug paper, and a Martha Stewart border punch. I didn't have the colors of paper with the same names as they used at Cards & Things, but I used what I thought they looked like on my computer screen. The green I used has three different tints of that color on the patterned paper, from the dark green to almost yellow. I hope that's OK.

6.5" x 5" Card Recipe:
Paper - Basic Grey "Lemonade;" Close To My Heart Baby Pink, White Daisy, Hollyhock Cardstock
Stamp - CTMH "Harmony" (cardinal); Sweet n Sassy Stamps "Sing unto the Lord" (digital)
Ink - CTMH Hollyhock
Other - Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" and "Allegro" embossing folders; CTMH black and yellow watercolor pencils; Offray ribbon, pop dots

No comments: