Friday, February 10, 2012

You Are My Hero

One of my friends was talking to me about going to a craft fair near an area Air Force Base and the need for cards there. That conversation inspired me to pull out some masculine sayings that I had and create this card with embossed stars, but brighter-than-military colors. I wanted it to be cheery and encouraging but also masculine, so I used Kraft CS, too. I used the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #151. My pleated black twill ribbon usually seems too bulky, but maybe not for a masculine card like this. The vertical panel on the left was stamped with a retired star and swirl background stamp that I have. The green panel with stars was from a Christmas pack, but I thought it went well with this star/hero theme without looking like a Christmas card. I love finding multiple uses for my scraps of paper!


6.5" x 5" Card:
All supplies Close To My Heart -  Honey, Kraft, White, Black, Bamboo CS, Believe collection,  (green), Stella (sunset DP); black pleated ribbon, ink-Black, Honey, retired stamps


No comments: