Wednesday, March 7, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #42 - Hey, Baby!

It seems our children and their friends are now beyond the "having babies" stage. Except for one of my daughter's friends who just got married later in life. She quit her job and is staying home, hoping to get pregnant soon. I made this card for her. She spent a lot of time adoring the first set of twins my daughter had and I know she'll make a great mom! I made this one Clean and Simple, perfect for a baby card - at the suggestion of CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #42.



I used the challenge from Shopping Our Stash Weekly in more ways than one. Except for the card, all of my papers were scraps, the giraffe paper- quite old. Their challenge was to emboss, which I did to the entire front of the card with the larger Cuttlebug embossing folder for dots. The two blue pieces were Spellbinder's Nestabilities Label Nine. I cut the giraffe out using my Cricut and a scrap of orange polka dotted paper, source unknown. I punched a 5/8" circle from the same paper, but stamped a "B" using the CTMH Hodgepodge Alphabet on the reverse side that had a flower in that circle and matted it with a 3/4" circle, then tied around the neck with some CTMH baker's twine. The "lace" is cut out of a piece of DCWV The Sweet Stack using a Martha Stewart Punch.

3 comments:

Michele Gross said...

This is a darling card and I love your reason for it :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Cute, cute!! That sweet giraffe just melts my heart! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

Leslie Hanna said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! Love the tag around his neck. :) Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!