Sunday, March 4, 2012

Country Comfort Card

Here's one more card today with a country comfort theme suggested by Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #158. The palette I used came from the soft colors from The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #121.


I found those colors among some of my Basic Grey papers in the Curio Collection. Those suggested the softer side of country living, so I chose a hen from a Layers of Color Art stamp and used the sketch provided by Tuesday Morning Sketches #135.




I used the soft rose paper for the background because flowers in the country can be marvelous. When I first moved here, I went crazy planting trees, shrubs, and lots of perennials. One time I put out 500 bulbs. Another time I raised over 1,000 perennials and annuals from seed in the house under lights. I started in January and lived for the weekends when I could be outside. The juniper lace paper reminds me of quilt blocks, which always make me think of my grandparent's farm and my grandma sewing so many quilts for all of the family. I used the twine from Papertrey Ink to add to the rustic quality of country life. Sometine I'll share the story of my one and only chicken. I could make dozens of different cards illustrating so many different aspects of the country comfort we enjoy here in rural Missouri, but overall, the peace and serenity of living in a rural area can't be beat after living a couple of blocks from a busy freeway in an overpopulated suburb.





3 comments:

Stacy said...

What a cool card, love the buttons along the bottom. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Mynn xx said...

Too cute! That chicken is DARLING!!! LOVE all the twine and those buttons are a great touch! :)

Alicia said...

Well would you just look at that chubby chicken! Darned cute, and the twine is perfect for the feel of the card. Thanks for hanging out at The Play Date Cafe!