Sunday, March 4, 2012

Fresh Picked

I've been so glad to see challenges using the color green. I used to read Beatrix Potter's books to my children at home and at school. Mother Rabbit always said, "Green is good for the eyes." I feel the same way after the drab colors of winter outside. In addition, The Kraft Outlet's challenge this week was called "Farm Fresh," the perfect choice for some of my orchard related stamps. I've chosen the palette of Pals Paper Arts to make a card, using Kraft as my 3rd color.

I used the sketch from There She Goes Clear Stamps, challenge #145.



The bottom piece of designer paper is from Basic Grey's "Origin." For the vertical piece I used a piece of Basic Grey's "Oh Baby - Boy" and repeatedly stamped "Fresh Picked" to make it more interesting. for the main image, I stamped it with New England Ivy three times on Kraft, Pear, and New England Ivy cardstock, then paper pieced the leaves and pear on the main Kraft image. I tried stamping it on White CS first, but it didn't look nearly as interesting as it did on Kraft CS. The image and words came from an old, retired CTMH stamp set called "Fresh Picked."

For the scallops on the side I used a different pear from a set called You're Sweet (CTMH) and stamped it three times on Kraft with New England Ivy ink. Then I cut it out    and attached to the vertical panel. I let some of the seeds show so that the pear theme was repeated. The last element that says Farm or Country to me is the gingham ribbon. after attaching the bow, I attached a Making Memories Animal Crackers felt button (left from 3 or 4 years ago), tied with the gingham ribbon.

(Now, if only I wasn't allergic to pears! I live on a farm and have a small orchard, but I think pears are the only fruit I don't raise.)

3 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

I love your pretty card! The pears (sorry about your allergy) are so appealing. The gingham ribbon and felt button add just the right touch. Thanks for joining us at the Pals.

Laurel said...

This is such a gorgeous card!

Linda Callahan said...

Love your graphic design! Your image is gorgeous and the ribbon is so sweet!