Monday, March 12, 2012

Hymn Challenge #3 How Great Thou Art

Here is the next page in my album I call Hymn and Faith Journaling. It's a 9" x 9" album so that it's small enough for my kids to hold and read some day but large enough to include the hymn, verses of Scripture, and journaling thoughts.

I used the Hymn Challenge #3.  If you haven't seen Patter's challenge, you would be blessed by reading it. She shares so many verses of scripture that go with each verse of this hymn as well as the history of  how it was written.

It was so ironic. While I was uploading the photo of this layout and cropping it, the music I was listening to suddenly began playing this hymn. When I was a young girl I remember it being sung by George Beverly Shay during Billy Graham crusades that we'd watch on TV, so when I see this hymn my mind still hears him singing this inspiring hymn.



I chose a small photo I had of Yellowstone Falls from Yellowstone National Park to go with this layout. I could have chosen so many more. My husband takes me on awesome vacations to National Parks, usually in the mountains in the West. I always stand in awe of the scenery, soaking it into my soul and memory. And always, I'm praising God in utter amazement at the vast creativity and beauty of His creation. God, the master of all artists, created such variety.

There are so many scriptures I could have included on my layout. Here's a photo I took of my husband who loves sunsets. It was two summers ago at Jackson Lake, Wyoming, coming back from a day at Yellowstone N.P.  Psalm 19 talks about how the heavens declare the glory of God that all nations, all tongues hear the voice of this glory.  "The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament showeth his handiwork. Day unto day uttereth speech and night unto night showeth knowledge.  There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard." Psalm 19: 1-3


When I stand looking at a sunset or the mountains, I'm awed by a Creator who designed the principles of erosion that produce mountains and canyons or the laws of plants responding to length of a day in order to produce fall colors.

Photo taken on trip to Moab, October 24th at 8:24 a.m. at Dead Horse Point

A picture I took in Southwest Colorado on September 29th, 2009, at 8 p.m. of Mt. Sneffels.

When my grandkids come to our farm, I take them around the big yard and point out things of nature, things God created, and try to give them that same sense of awe. He tells my bulbs buried deep in the soil when it's time to sprout up with their beauty.

My bulbs in February and March

May you delight in the glories of God's creation and stand in awe of His marvelous power.



1 comment:

chanya13 said...

Beautiful photos, I also have in my garden snowdrops.