Saturday, March 31, 2012

Kites in the Clouds

Here's a fun card I made using my packet of Dotty for You paper. When I spotted this sheet with clouds I knew it was perfect for Little Red Wagon's Challenge #126, Up in the Clouds. Then yesterday I saw two more challenges that went with this paper. The Friday Mashup Challenge #52 to use kites and/or colorful twine. I knew I'd use both! I also decided that three kites would look best, so I'm including this with Crafts 4 eternity's challenge #65 to have 3 of a kind. I used three kites, their tails have three ties each and the clouds had three hearts.


I used the back sides of three papers to cut out the kites. I love the variety of polka dot colors on the backs of papers in that pack. The stamp set I used would have stamped solid ink over the dots, so I used it to make a pattern to trace instead and added the dashed lines with a pen. I cut a second matching cloud out of the remainder of the paper and pop dotted it. You can just barely see that the hearts are traced with a Sakura glitter gel pen. The dotted lines around the clouds are also traced with that pen, but don't really show up in the photo. The inside of the card has the matching sunshine stamped in the corner to go with this sentiment.

5" x 6.5" Card Recipe:
Paper - Close To My Heart "Dotty for You" coming soon
Stamps - CTMH "Splendid Day"
Ink - CTMH Black, Sunny Yellow
Other - CTMH Baker's Twine; Sakura Glitter Gel Pen

10 comments:

Kim P said...

Such a fun card! Great colors...and terrific use of the twine! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Thanks for joining the fun this week for our Fan Favourite challenge. Great Kite and String card.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

pinky said...

What a happy little card, I love it. Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity this week.
Pinky

Pia S said...

Perfect sentiment for this nice card! I love how you have added stitches around your clouds - that's a really nice detail.

Tammy said...

Nothing screams spring like kite-flying! Great card!
Thanks for play with us at LRW!!

Lisa said...

Great card! Love the paper you used and the faux stitching you added around the clouds looks terrific!

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Rita W said...

Such a fun card! I love all the bright colorful elements! Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup this week!

Laureen said...

Congratulations! Thank you for playing my challenge! Happy Scrapping!

Heidi Baks said...

Love the dashed lines around the clouds - adorable!

hollybeary creations said...

Look at all those cute colorful kite strings... This is so fun! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup up for our Fan Favorite Challenge.