Tuesday, March 13, 2012

MOJO Monday 232 Sketch for Our Daily Bread Designs 4th Anniversary

This week Our Daily Bread Designs is celebrating its 4th Anniversary. There are extra opportunities to be in drawings for gift certificates to their store. Each day there is something special, so be sure to check it out.  I'm using the MOJO Monday 232 Sketch for this week. Every time I see it I say a prayer for Julee Tilman who is having twin boys this month. Two of our daughters had twins, so I know she'll need prayers and an extra set of hands (or more)! Here's the sketch:

For the 4th Anniversary of Our Daily Bread Designs, the Shining the Light Challenge #100, they wanted us to use Aqua or Topaz colors and one of their scripture or sentiments. One of my aqua papers had a touch of black on the edge so I used just a few black highlights.

I really love what that verse says for a birthday. I have so many friends that have shown wisdom throughout their lives. This will be a wonderful blessing to give them, the promise of God's blessing.

I tried to lightly stamp the tea cup of flowers from the Birthday Blessings set before stamping the scripture. Then I put the diecut  back into the die so I could lightly sponge ink over it, leaving the edges white where the die masked it. The textured cardstock on top is actually shiny, but lighting at night in my house doesn't usually bring out the shine. The flower and ribbon came from the bridal section at Michaels. The flower is bigger than I usually put on cards, but it makes it really special. This card will be hand delivered. I'm linking it to the CCEE Stampers Challenge1210 to add flowers.

May God bless you with wisdom and many years with loving friends!

6.5" x 5" Card Recipe:
Paper - Bazzill aqua shiny cardstock; Glitz "Laced with Grace" patterned paper (on bottom); Close To My Heart Crystal Blue, Colonial White, Black cardstock, Topstitch patterned paper
Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs "Birthday Blessings"
Ink - CTMH Crystal Blue; Memento Tuxedo Black
Other - CTMH black jute; Spellbinders Nestabilities Label Nine, Lacey Circle; Michaels aqua wired ribbon and white flower


2 comments:

Debbie Carriere said...

Beautiful card! Love the layered labels! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how soft and elegant!! Love your colors, the over stamping and your gorgeous details!! Your use of dies and the verse are beautiful!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

blessings,
Chris