Monday, March 26, 2012

MOJO Monday 234 Pretty as a Posey

For the MOJO Monday Sketch Challenge #234 this week I chose a color palette from The Ribbon Reel Challenge #24, Pretty as a Posy, using pink, yellow, aqua, neutrals, ribbon and flowers. Here are the sketch and color inspiration.


Because it's the last sketch of the month, MOJO Monday has a round or square challenge. I chose to make the square card.  I used the same sheet of Sunkiss Yellow cardstock for the mats and the yellow flower, but because I stamped it with pink, it looks darker. I used a layering technique for both flowers, stamping the pink rose four times and cutting the next inner layer of petals each time. The Yellow flower comes in three sizes and when I cut each one out, I also cut along the petal lines toward the center to separate them for more dimension. I inked just the tips and edges of each flower with Blush ink on a sponge. This simple design gave me enough room to showcase using these larger flower stamps this way.



5.5" Square Birthday Card Recipe:
Paper - My Mind's Eye Lost and Found "Market Street;" Close To My Heart Sunkiss Yellow and White Daisy Textured cardstock
Stamps - Verve "Hope Blooms" (yellow flower and sentiment), "All A Flutter" Plain Jane (butterfly); CTMH "Card Word Puzzle (pink rose)
Ink - CTMH Twilight, Blush
Other - CTMH "Bouquet Assortment" (center of yellow flower). Bitty Pearl Opaques, yellow gingham ribbon, aqua blue copics

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, those flowers look amazing! Wonderful layering too! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!