Thursday, March 8, 2012

Our Daily Bread Designs - Birthday Dogwood

The buds on my fruit and flowering trees are getting fat and my daffodils are in full bloom. Spring seems like it's already here! In Missouri, our state tree is the flowering dogwood. Where I live, I don't see wild ones, but my favorites in yards that I pass are the pink dogwood. Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge #99 is to use stamped flowers on your card. They have a beautiful dogwood flower stamp in their set called Grow in Grace. I combined that flower image with two birthday sentiments from the set called Birthday Blessings to make this card. I used the deconstructed sketch #42 for the design.




I colored the floral image with copics after stamping with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The birthday sentiment was actually written in one line, but I used Scotch tape to cover one word at a time to get it to fit in a circle. You put tape over a word before inking, pull off the tape, then stamp, then clean the stamp so that the first word doesn't show up when you stamp the second word. I love that trick! I also love mixint stamps from different sets. Using the beautiful dogwood image on a birthday card for Virginia ODell next week was perfect for a lady turning 87 years young. Here's what the inside birthday sentiment said:



Using the uncolored image and Proverb together still gives me plenty of room to write my own addition to the greeting. I'm linking this card to Birthday Sundaes for challenge #46 this week - to show a birthday sentiment.

6.5" x 5" Birthday Card Recipe:
Paper - Basic Grey "Curio;" My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose "Mabel" (tiny floral and solid brown strip)
Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs "Grow in Grace"(dogwood), "Birthday Blessings"
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Vintage Photo, Close To My Heart Brown Bag, Honey
Other - Cuttlebug "Kassie's Brocade" embossing folder; Spellbinder's Lacey Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities; circle punches; CTMH blush ribbon; lace unknown

5 comments:

Jennipher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennipher said...

Love the embossed background and the lace border. So pretty.
Blessings,
Jennipher from Paper Expressions

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so pretty Vickie!! I just love your use of the SC sketch, the coloring of the flower and your embossing! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

Maribel said...

The colors that you used are just lovely! I love how you decorated the inside of the card! Thank you for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes!
Maribel

chanya13 said...

Beautiful cards, lovely color, I love the embossed background