Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sketchbook Saturday #51 - A Friend Who Touches Your Heart

Recently I had a friend give me a gift that amazed me, like she'd done many times in the past. She's gone through many trials and financial loss the last four years, but continues to be the most generous person I know. When I was young I used to tell the giver, "Oh, no. You shouldn't." I didn't want to be selfish or greedy, or I was overwhelmed by the generosity. But I learned that it's more important to be a gracious receiver, which blesses the giver. For this friend a simple thank you card seemed like a weak substitute for what I felt. So I chose a quote that says a lot more for this card. I know the message of this sentiment will cheer her heart and let her know how important her friendship is not only to me but to many others as well.

Chupa designs beautiful sketches and cards on her blog. She's also gracious in allowing us to make changes to her sketch. I used her sketch this week, #51, with a minor change. I made the sentiment the main image and used a small piece of design from the paper to embellish it where the text would have been.  Here's her sketch:



I used a card base embossed with flowers but they didn't show up this time in the photo. The stamp set I used has several large and medium sized images like the one I stamped in Sweet Leaf behind the sentiment. I hadn't used that set that way before so I think I'll make a few more cards like this.  I hope you have a friend like mine and that you can be that kind of friend to others. And may God bless you!

This card is linked to the following challenges:
Sketchbook Saturday #51 at Random Acts of Creativity
Sentimental Sundays - #92 Words of Encouragement

5.5" square card recipe:
Paper - Prima "Madeline", Bazzill light blue cardstock; CTMH Hollyhock CS
Stamps - Close To My Heart - Friendship (Feb.2011 stamp of the month)
Ink - CTMH Sweet Lear, Black
Other - CTMH Red Button collection, Sweet Leaf Ribbon Collection, Chocolate Waxy Flax; wired ribbon

1 comment:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

This is truly gorgeous card, with fantastic sentiment, perfect for the occasion. Your friend will be over the moon to receive it! Thank you for using my sketch :)