Friday, March 2, 2012

Sweet Sketch for Believe in Your Dreams

When I taught classes at a local scrapbook store I fell in love with Basic Grey and became a Basic Grey collector- loving the paper too much to use, saving it for something special. I decided this year that something special is now. Instead of waiting for the right photos, I'd make lots of cards with those papers I love.. I haven't even made a dent in the pile. But now that my youngest grandchild is four, it's time to use the Oh, Baby papers, all four packs!

Basic GreyChallenge 63 is called "Wish Upon a Star." I used the Oh, Baby and the Color Me Silly papers with the Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge 143.



One technique that I used in stamping the sentiment was to turn over the stamp that says Believe in Your so that I could stamp the solid side as a background. Since the stamp is curved to go over the word Dreams, it's a good way to get the shape you need as well as providing background color.  The rocket was cut out of one of the papers and pop dotted. The corrugated stars were painted with a mixture of copper lumiere and white craft paint so that they weren't too white.

I think even my nine-year-old grandson wouldn't mind getting this card from the "baby" paper.

5.5" square card recipe:
Paper - Basic Grey "Oh, Baby Boy," "Color Me Silly;" CTMH White and Colonial White cardstock
Stamp - Believe in Your Dreams
Ink - CTMH Dutch Blue, Sunflower, Black
Other - CTMH Milepost Shapes (stars), gold ribbon; Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" embossing folder

11 comments:

Arlana 11426 said...

Love your sweet embossing on the circle ans the stars. What a great card for your grandson. Have a sweet day! Arlana@SSW!!!

sweetbloominscraps said...

What a wonderful card! I love the corrugated stars and the dimension it gives to your card! Thanks for joining us at SSW!
Judi SSW DT

Whisper said...

Ooooo what a fabby card, you've just reminded me i have this a full 12 x 12 pack and yet, i've never used it, shame on me !!!, Luv Sam x

Heide said...

Ohhh....I just love what you have done with the sketch! Such a cool image and it would make a great guy card(Very hard for me to come up with guy ideas). Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesdays.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

mulberry station said...

Wow, I love the dimension of your card. The corrugated stars are wonderful. I love your image. This really makes a nice boy card. Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Patti P. said...

This is fantastic, love those stars and how cute is the rocket!!
Beautiful work with our sketch this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, thanks for sharing.
Patti SSW/DT

Kathie said...

Hi Vickie this is an awesome masculine card. I do love the added texture giving that 3D effect. Great colours, I love the use of embossing and your corrugated stars are just perfect. Great card and thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Jeannie said...

This is very fun and I do like the stars! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Linda Anderson said...

Wow, this is one adorable card!! Your grandson will love it for sure! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Genevieve said...

Great boy card! Fab dimension & cool stars. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve DT

F.T said...

Crazy concept, the stars are outstanding, you should mix up the colors a little more.
Plastic Card Printing
Plastic Card