Saturday, April 7, 2012

Attitude is Everything for Operation Write Home

This is another card for Operation Write Home, Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #115. I used the following sketch.


This is another card I'll include in my shipment for their Muscle Card Challenge (cards they can send to dads or guys) due at the end of April.




My husband and I both were lucky to have dads who emphasized the importance of having a good attitude. I thought that the sentiment I chose fit the image of a car getting the flat tire changed. When I was young, it seemed maybe tires needed changing more often than they do now. I never saw my dad get upset. He just patiently set to work changing the flat. The worst time was when we were driving in the Yukon in July on the way to visit an uncle in Alaska. The gravel "highway" was deserted, deep in the woods. It was raining but large ravenous mosquitos were biting like they'd never seen a warm meal. Dad asked me to come out, hold the umbrella and wave a newspaper back and forth to scare away a few of the mosquitos. I sort of did a little dance to try to keep them off of me. I hope one of the service men or women has a memory that this card will trigger. I'm sure that many of them learned, too, that Attitude is Everything.


4.25" x 5.5" Masculine Card Recipe:
Paper - Basic Grey "Sweet Threads (plaid)," "Life of the Party (woodgrain);" cardstock
Stamp - Close To My Heart "My Game" sentiment
Ink - CTMH Cocoa
Other - Copic markers, CTMH black baker's twine, Milepost shapes (corrugated star, inked with cocoa); Cuttlebug embossing folder, free vintage image

No comments: