Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Final Flutter By Wednesdays Card

I was sad to see that this would be the last challenge at Flutter By Wednesdays. I have a passion for butterflies. So I decided to make this last card special with my favorite butterfly stamp. They provided a great sketch for us to use this last time. I also used the challenge at The Paper Players for additional creative ideas.



I used the first row going down for the Tic Tac Toe - flowers, blue colors, and spring. The chick hatching is definitely for spring along with flowers that look like primroses. Little Red Wagon's challenge to use at least 3 flowers helped me with the finishing touches. I used 8 flowers.


I stamped the butterfly twice with Twilight ink- once on Twilight cardstock (bottom layer) and again on Crystal Blue patterned paper so that the pattern would show more. I inked the edges with Chocolate ink like I did all of the other papers.  In real life, my stamped butterfly matches the color of the one in the patterned paper, but lighting in my house changes things! I used an unusual piece of ribbon I'd been saving for something special. After wrapping it around the card there was a small piece left for a knotted-type bow. In the upper right corner I stamped "best wishes" for the Flutter By Team whose challenges and samples I've enjoyed.

May God bless you as you Fly on to New Pursuits!

Challenges:
Flutter By Wednesdays Challenge #200 Sketch
Little Red Wagon - Use at least 3 flowers
The Paper Players - Challenge #93 Tic Tac Toe

5" x 6.5" Card Recipe:
Paper - Graphic 45 - Once Upon a Springtime; Close To My Heart New England Ivy, Twilight, Colonial White Cardstock, Twitterpated patterned paper
Stamps - CTMH "Find Your Style" (butterfly), "A Little Buzz" (best wishes)
Inks - CTMH Chocolate, New England Ivy, Twilight
Other - Cuttlebug embossing folder, Recollections floral embellishments, Prima (small flowers), CTMH Mocha pearls, ribbon unknown

7 comments:

Lesley said...

This is such a lovely spring card you have made with my Tic Tac Toe board Vicki! The image is adorable and the butterfly is a lovely touch! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players.

Mynn xx said...

This is amazing! LOVE that vintage image, and your frayed ribbon is amazing as your anchor! LOVE this! :)

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Wow!! What a beautiful card! I really love the vintage postcard image, and the baby ducky is so cute!! Lovely!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Players this week!!

Hugs
Shirley April GD

Nance Leedy said...

Oh how beautiful!! your patterned paper is gorgeous and I love the addition of the blue butterfly and the torn ribbon...Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Monica said...

gorgeus :) love the vintage image

jaydee said...

Love the paper and that gorgeous butterfly! Such a serene image. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Suzie said...

Oh so pretty ,that butterfly is gorgeous