Friday, April 27, 2012

Love You Forever, Mom

This is my second post this evening using the same paper and the stamp from "Love You Forever." I love the way the shapes look stitched. Stitching always gives me that "homemade" warm fuzzy feeling. The kind you get from moms.  That's why this one is a Mother's Day card for the children's hospital in Iowa. (See Send a Smile 4 Kids for more information.)This time I showed more of the striped paper and more white. I used this great sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


I made mine more rectangular, embossed the front with a wood grain embossing folder, and cut out the stamped images after coloring so they could be pop dotted on the circle.


I chose the thin red line of red  in the patterned paper to be my accent color for the flower, twine, and mat for the letters. The 3" white circle for the nest image was made a little smaller by attaching a thin 3" open circular mat of Kraft cardstock that I cut out on the Cricut. That allowed some of the image to overlap. The pop dots were cut into thin slivers so they wouldn't show. Such a fun sketch and actually quite simple. I wanted it to be Clean and Simple for CAS-ual Fridays challenge this week! The sentiment letters were stamped on 1/2" circles then matted on 5/8" circles.

Challenges:
Freshly Made Sketches - Sketch #32
CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #50 - Spring creations with flowers or trees

5.5" x 4.25" Mother's Day Card Recipe:
Paper - Close To My Heart (retired Fun-tastic pp - very old!), White Daisy, Cranberry, and Kraft cardstock
Stamps - Love You Forever, Tiny Typewriter
Ink - Tuxedo Black-Memento
Other - My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Twine, Sizzix Wood Grain embossing folder; Copic markers; CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge

9 comments:

Laura Davis said...

This is so sweet!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Lesley said...

What a lovely "mom" card! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

What a great card this is .... love the background embossing and love the dimension on this card!Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Your card is very sweet Vickie. Love the twine and stitching on the card. Thanks for playing at FMS this week.

Sue said...

Love your card, especially how you used the letters to spell out Mom. Great idea!

Cindy Hall said...

Great card! Love how you used the sketch to incorporate the "MOM". Very well done! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Virginia L. said...

How TWEET! I love this delightful card! I'm glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Darnell said...

What an adorable card! I love that you put Mom in placed of an embellishment - perfect!

Laurie said...

OH so pretty! I love the texture in the background! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!