Thursday, April 12, 2012

New Every Morning

"Yet this I call to mind and Therefore I have hope: because of the Lord's Great Love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is your faithfulness!"
Lamentations 3:21-23

Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge #103 is to show New Life. I live on a farm and have a small orchard. The fruit trees just finished blooming in shades of white and pink with flowers that look like the paper I chose. I also represented new life with a butterfly, but wanted to emphasize the part of the verses that talk about God's compassions being new every morning. I combined the card with Lisa Somerville's Blogger's Challenge - To Die For - using a Spellbinder's die and my Cricut. I cut the card, flowered paper and green mats using Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. I restamped the part of the verse I was emphasizing using black ink, cut it out and pop dotted it over the green verse.





Tonight I saw my daughter and her three sons at the Christian school in their town. The boys have had baseball practice from 5 - 8:30 four nights a week - before they even get home for supper. They have church the other nights. My daughter's company was putting on a computer training conference for 300 people today and she had been so stressed yesterday trying to fit everything in, fighting a cold, and being woke up by noisy neighbors socializing outside. Yesterday, she asked for prayer because the prospect of today seemed overwhelming.

I chose this verse because it is so very true. We learn in life that each day is a new day, even if it seemed the day before that it might be too hard to face the challenges. My daughter said the conference was great, the boys sang nicely at school tonight and were excited to show off their artwork, books and classrooms. And "Grandma" was amazed at the character so many young people showed as they sang spiritual songs for a large audience. I learned the truths of these verses when I was caring for a sick child in the ER in the middle of the night but still had to teach the next day, or some similar situation. I found that there's a calmness when you let your thoughts rest in His mercies for the next day instead of worrying that you'll never make it.

May God bless you as you face the challenges of each new day.

Paper - Graphic45 Once Upon a Springtime, CTMH Vanilla Cream and New ENgland Ivy cardstock
Stamp - Our Daily Bread Designs Scripture Collection 1
Ink - New England Ivy, Blush, Black, Chocolate
Other - Prima flower, CTMH Just Blooms Flutter (butterfly), Licorice Opaques, Buttercup organdy, Cricut Art Philosophy

2 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Vickie!! I love the peach and all the flowers!! I love the music notes on the butterfly!! So creative!!
Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
Hugs,
Chris

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful shaped card - love the layering of the dies! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!