Saturday, May 12, 2012

Belated Birthday Card

I realized the other day that I missed a friend's birthday. That made me realize two things - I need to update my birthday calendar and check it! Also, I need to keep a supply of belated birthday cards on hand. I got the idea for this card when I was looking through the digital stamps that were released in April at Clear Dollar Stamps.  I was initially drawn to their store because of the Bible verses and Christian stamps. I also like their fresh designs that look like they'd be great to send to children.

I chose to use two stamps from their set Bless My Bloomers.  I thought that Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch #158 this week at The Sweetest Thing was great for this image. I also immediately matched it up with the color palette at ColourQ Challenge #136.



As soon as I colored my image, I thought it would great on Kraft Cardstock and it was definitely feminine, so I'm linking it up with The Kraft Journal Make It Monday Challenge to make a card For Her.


I colored the image with Copic markers but added shadows or traced lines in the flowers with Watercolor Pencils and CTMHmarkers. I used three different patterned papers and a darker green cardstock to mat two of them. Using three or more designer papers was the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash Weekly. These papers were all from more than 2 years ago. ( I love using up "old" papers!) The dotted Sunset background paper was used to make a matching button. I just took a clear button and glued it to the paper with Liquid Glass. It only took a couple of minutes to dry sufficiently so I could punch out the two holes and tie with baker's twine that matched the Kraft cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by and may God bless you tomorrow on Mother's Day.

Challenges:
ColourQ Challenge #136
Shopping Our Stash Weekly Challenge #51- Use three or more designer papers
Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #158
The Kraft Journal Make It Monday Challenge - Cards for Her

5.5" x 4.25" Belated Birthday Card Recipe:
Images- Clear Dollar Stamps " Bless My Bloomers"
Papers - Close To My Heart "Emporium" (2009-light green floral), "Grace" (2009-sunflower design), "Hooligans" (2010-sunset dotted), New England Ivy, White Daisy cs &  textured cs, Kraft cardstock
Markers - Copics Orange YR68 with Blush R20; Pea Green YG63, Neutral Gray N0, Lemon Yellow Y13 with CTMH Sunflower highlights, CTMH Olive watercolor pencil for shading
Accents/Tools - CTMH button and Basic baker's twine; Spellbinder's Nestabilities "Lacey Circles;" 3" circle punch,flower unknown

2 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

I really like this! Great colors and papers. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Jen Mitchell said...

I think your friend will love this, even if it is a bit late! Great use of the colors this week. Thanks for joining us at colourQ!