Sunday, May 13, 2012

Christ takes us as we are . . .

After church on Mother's Daymy family and some friends and I are going to celebrate by going to a beautiful arboretum and botanical garden. One of my friends feels sad sometimes because she was a horrible mother when her kids were young. She improved at least in the ten years I've known her. She became a Christian and turned away from so many problems. Now she's a wonderful grandmother, so I want her to know the message of this card - that Christ takes us as we are, buries our sins in the deepest sea, and molds us into His image.

I used a little symbolism in the materials of this card. I used black hemp, a natural product, for me representing the natural man. I wrapped it around the paper on the left and wove it through the outer holes of the frame. Then below the text I used red sparkles, representing rubies, and white satin ribbon, symbolizing purity. Inside I'm including a portion of Proverbs 31 so that she can see how far she's really come. "Who can find a virtuous woman, for her price is far above rubies. . . "


I used a verse from Clear Dollar Stamps, from the digital set "Become New." The sketch was CPS #264. The idea for the hemp was from the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #138, to use something real or natural. I used the middle panel for the large sentiment so that it would be the focal point, as suggested by Challenge #10 at Creative Card CrewFrosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge to use Lacing deserves credit for that idea that I incorporated.


I'll add more details after our Mother's Day Celebrations!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

That sentiment is so true!! I think your friend is lucky to have you as her friend and Christ is working through you to help her forgive herself! I love the way you incorporated the lacing in your die cut frame and the "rubies" Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us @ Frosted Designs!

Helen said...

Beautiful card! I love your sentiment. He does take us just as we are, doesn't He? Have a blessed week! Thank you for playing with us at SSiC!

Joni Parker said...

Your card is beautiful...love your sentiment too!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs this week!!

BrendaB said...

Such a gorgeous card, and I love the sentiment stamp - so true! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

Ashley Horton said...

Such a beautiful card and I love the way you used the twine! Thanks for playing along with us @ Frosted Designs!! :)