Friday, August 3, 2012

Clearly Inspired Challenge #57 - Things with Wings

Today's challenge at Clearly i Stamp, Things with Wings, has so many possibilities - birds, butterflies, bugs, angels, or fairies! I chose one of our cute owl images to make a card of encouragement. I used the sentiment - owl be praying for you - because, to me, that's the most helpful thing I can do for someone in need. A hospital in our area did a study a few years ago and found that patients who were prayed for recovered much faster, more completely, even if they didn't know there were others praying for them! I believe in taking every need to God in prayer because I've seen him provide marvelous answers over the years.

I used the design from Freshly Made Sketch #46 and the new Moonlight paper with owls from Close To My Heart. I cut the honey and green shapes using the new Cricut Artiste cartridge.


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:


5" x 6.5" Encouragement Card Recipe:
Paper - Close To My Heart "Moonlight," Bamboo, Sweet Leaf, Honey, Colonial White cardstock
Image and sentiment - Clear Dollar Stamps
Inks - Honey, Olive
Markers - Copics E25 Caribe Cocoa, E18 Copper, N4 Neutral Gray; YG03 Yellow Green; E13 Lemon Yellow mixed with E11 Barely Beige; V09 Violet; 0 Colorless Blender
Tools - CTMH Cricut Artiste cartridge, scallop border punch; Sizzix and Cuttlebug embossing folders

4 comments:

Linda Anderson said...

Absolutely fabulous Vickie!! Love that owl, colored so wonderfully!!

Linda

Lisa Lara said...

What a beauty Vickie!

Cassie said...

This is perfect, Vickie! Great papers to go along with your darling little owl :D

Little C's Creations said...

Love this and love your coloring, Vickie!! Love the change up on the sentiment too. Aloha, Jen