Friday, November 16, 2012

CIC64 - CAS (Clean and Simple) Christmas Card

Life is getting really busy with the holidays approaching. So this is a great time to focus on SIMPLE. Here's a card I quickly made for the Clearly Inspired Challenge CIC64 - to make a clean and simple card.

I used the large sentiment and holly from the Clear Dollar Stamp set: Light of Winter for the front of my card. I printed the sentiment on a 4X6 piece of cardstock, aligning it on the bottom. I trimmed half an inch off the length of the card, lined up the upper portion on my cuttlebug embossing folder and embossed it, avoiding the area with the sentiment. I wrapped it with ribbon and the holly that I'd printed separately and colored. I pop dotted it on the card base. Quick and Easy!!


I wanted to finish the inside also. I chose a verse from Christmas Blessings that talked about Peace. I copied it, then opened a new file sized 4x6. I reduced the size of the holly I'd already printed to a width of 1." I flipped it horizontally then I copied and pasted it above the sentiment. After I printed it I matted it in red to match the ribbon. DONE!

I looked at my card for a while and decided that since the ribbon was so shiny I would add sparkles to the highlight spots of the holly berries.






I hope this will help someone else to be able to make a quick Christmas card (or more)! I was so glad to be able to use this great sentiment. I thought I had a great selection of Christmas sentiments until I saw these new ones. There are many more among the new releases that you might want to check out on the Clear Dollar Stamps website. Look under the new digis for November.

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Dream Valley Challenge #45 - Anything Goes
Forever Friends Challenge #49 - Use Ribbon or twine
Little Red Wagon #159 - Texturize it (holly ribbon embossing folder)
Penny's Papercrafty Challenge #102 - Anything Goes
Twist of Faith #11 - Religious Christmas

5.5" x 4.25" Christmas Card Recipe:
Images: Clear Dollar Stamps "Light of Winter," "Christmas Blessings"
Paper - white and red cardstock from stash
Accents - Really Reasonable Ribbon: CTMH red sparkles
Tools - Printer, Photoshop CS, Cuttlebug "Holly Ribbons" embossing folder
 

9 comments:

Gail said...

Your card is lovely Vickie - thank you for entering it in Twist of Faith Card Challenge - come again next week! Gail Scott DT member Twist of Faith

Sandra H said...

Beautiful creation and thank you for joining in our challenge over at F/F Good luck and hope to see you next time DT Member Sandra H x

Karen Hasheck said...

Didn't hear from you so wanted to be sure you knew you were a winner at Send a Smile 4 Kids last Saturday- check it out here: http://sendasmile4kidschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/11/winners-announced-for-early-holiday.html

and send me an email at khasheck at gmail dot com so I can put you in touch with Bugaboo to claim your prize.

Karen SAS4Kids

Anne-Marie said...

The embossing gives a wonderfully crisp background to your delightful card, and every detail adds to the beauty of your creation.....and the sentiments are just lovely. Thanks so much for joining us at Twist of Faith.....good luck!

Joanne said...

Such a gorgeous CAS card and I love the embossing! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Pauline said...

A beautiful creation ... love the embossing and the ribbon! Thanks for sharing with us at Twist of Faith Cards!

Diane Louise J said...

Gorgeous card, lovely red ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends Challenges. Good luck in the draw and hope to see you again very soon. We are running a DT call at the moment, pop back to FF for more details. Diane xx

Wattage said...

Simple and Stylish - Lovely! Thanks for joining the Ribbon challeneg at Forever Friends, Lisa (DT) x

MagsB said...

This is so elegant, both inside and out! A beautiful CAS card! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley

love Mags B x