Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mojo Monday 267- Another Pieced Background

I was playing with scraps again tonight like the card I made for The Perfect Sentiment Challenge Blog. This one used snowy scraps and a cardstock sticker from the Wonderland Paper Pack and pieces of Basic Grey from the cover sheet in one of the collections. If you'd like to know how to piece a background this way, I explained it on my blog post yesterday.



This fun sketch from Mojo Monday gave me the inspiration to use another pieced rectangle.


I usually put a sentiment on the front, but I hoped it would look enough like a Christmas Card that I wouldn't need to fit anything else into the design. The inside sentiment is one I love. It goes really well with snowy or wintery Christmas cards.



It says: May the spirit of Christmas warm your heart All Year Long.

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Mojo Monday 267 - sketch
Divas By Design #61 - Anything Goes
Just Keep On Creating - Christmas projects
My Mum's Craft Shop #84 - Winter Wonderland

4.25" x 5.5" Christmas Card Recipe:
Paper - Close To My Heart "Wonderland" paper pack scraps, Crystal Blue and White Daisy CS scraps; Basic Grey "Dasher" cover sheet images
Stamp - CTMH retired "Festive Thoughts"
Ink - CTMH Twilight
Accents - CTMH Sparkles, Wonderland Stickease; Making Memories lace, unknown white organdy ribbon


 

5 comments:

Anita Blake said...

love the pale blue colour scheme it is just right for christmas, Fabulous use of embellishing and i love the pieced rectangle. Thanks for entering MMCSC.Anita

Dawn said...

Oh that's lovely, thanks for joining us at Divas this week x

Suzie McFloozy said...

Lovely card - I love the sentiment inside too x
Thanks for playing along with us @ MMCS this week & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Wendy said...

This is beautiful, lovely design.
Thanks for playing along at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

Gemma said...

beautiful creation, thanks for joining in for our Winter Wonderland challenge this week at My Mums Craft Shop challenge! Gemma :)