Thursday, November 15, 2012

November Digi Day at Clear Dollar Stamps

It's time for the November Release of digital images. If you're getting ready for Christmas I know you'll find images and sentiments that will help you make cards and gifts. Here are the cards I'm sharing, but you'll want to check out the rest on our blog: Clearly iStamp.

The digi stamp I'm featuring is Cool Ride, but I also used the Corvette images. I have five grandsons and never have enough masculine cards. I hope this gives you some ideas if you need to make more for men, too.


Here are the details on this card. I'm sharing it with the Cards for Men challenge #23 - Anything Goes

Images: CDS digi Cool Ride, Corvette outline
Markers - Copics N0, N4, N8 (neutral grays), B00 Frost Blue; CTMH alcohol markers Juniper, Juniper Light
Paper - CTMH Cruisin,' white and red, and black cardstock
Accents - CTMH Pewter Durables, Black grosgrain ribbon
Tools - printer, Photoshop, Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge(ovals)
Technique - I used copy and paste to make the background paper using most of the Cool Ride phrases as well as inserting it near the corvette image. After I copied and pasted each one I used the Copy Merged function under edit to copy the set and paste it two more times. That way you don't have to flatten all the layers before copying.


 
I'm also sharing this card with the Cards for Men challenge #23 - Anything Goes. I used the same word file that I made for the previous card but added the emboss feature in Photoshop. Here are more details:
 
Images: CDS digis Cool Ride and Corvette outine
Markers: Copics N0, N4, N6 (Neutral Grays), R35 Coral, RV29 Crimson, B00 Frost Blue, 0 Colorless Blender
Paper - CTMH Cruisin', White, Black cardstock
Accents: CTMH black baker's twine, Tulip brads
Tools: printer, Photoshop CS
Technique: I used the Cool Ride phrases that I'd copied and pasted from the previous card, then I added the filter called "Emboss" under the heading "Stylize." I accepted the default and voila! The background was supposed to be grayish with the words embossed! 
 
 
This last card features Simple Gifts. I loved the variety of shapes and paper designs on these.

I couldn't decide which gift to use for this card, so I used more than one of the gifts to make my image. I'm sharing this card with the Nutcrafters Challenge #31 - gifts, and Little Red Wagon #159 - Texture.

Images - CDS Simple Gifts
Markers - Copics B00 Frost Blue, RV29 Crimson; CTMH alcohol markers-Sweet Leaf, Ponderosa Pine, Blush
Paper: My Mind's Eye 12 Days of Christmas; CTMH White Daisy, Topiary
Accents: CTMH white organdy ribbon, red waxy flax
Tools: Printer, Photoshop, Cuttlebug "Holly Ribbons" embossing folder
Technique: I copied and pasted individual gift boxes to make a group. It's important to keep the same resolution in your new document as each of the gifts (about 300dp)

I hope you'll visit the Clearly iStamp blog and see more fabulous cards made with the other new digis.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Awesome "man cards"! I always need those for my stash too....

Helen said...

Your present card is great - a lovely design and great colours. Love the other card too!

Thanks for joining us at Nutcrafters.

Helen x

Patricia St Martin said...

Just love your masculine cards. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards for Men challenge. We love seeing your creation. Good luck on the challenge.
Hugs, Patricia

Joanne said...

All of your cards are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo