Tuesday, November 6, 2012

PSC55 - CAS Fall

It's time for another challenge at The Perfect Sentiment. This week our challenge is for you to make a card with a sentiment for Fall or Thanksgiving.

The twist is to make it CAS (Clean and Simple), meaning few layers or embellishments, lots of plain open "white" space, and a clean, streamlined design. This is always a challenge for me but I greatly admire the examples I see and keep striving to meet this pristine standard.

One lucky winner will get a $15 Flourishes gift certificate from our sponsor this week, Parables of a Crafter.



Here's my sample card. I used fall colors and leaf motif's, but also a sentiment to focus on the blessings for which we are thankful.


I embossed a gold and orange, leafy patterned paper from Basic Grey's Indian Summer collection with the lovely Sizzix embossing folder. I used burlap ribbon for my strip to hold my image and Honey colored sentiment strip. Both stamps are older Close To My Heart stamps that I still love. I used the rock and roll technique to ink my leaf, first with Honey, then just the edges with Autumn Terracotta. My simple embellishment is the addition of three chocolate colored opaque pearls, also from CTMH.

I'm also sharing this card with the following challenges:
Crafting for All Seasons Challenge #39 - Falling Leaves
Dutch Dare Card Challenge #189 - Thankful
Sentimental Sundays Challenge #127 - Dimensions
Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #164 - Thankfulness or Prayer
Tuesday Throwdown #123 - Autumn Leaves

Please check out the other samples from the rest of the design team at The Perfect Sentiments Challenge.

May God richly bless you and yours with His abundance during this autumn season! May you also realize the many rich blessings you've already received and give thanks!



 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is super Vickie love your style what a fantastic card .
Thank you for joining us this time for our Falling Leaves Challenge at Crafting for all Seasons .
Good Luck Hugs Elaine

Cumbrianlass said...

A very beautiful card, I love the embossing and the hessien ribbon.
Thanks for joining in the Tuesday throwdown Challenge
Janet

jan farnworth said...

wow love how you did the background.

cotnob said...

This is a lovely CAS card Vickie, gorgeous embossed background.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Pauline
x

Parables of a Crafter said...

Gorgeous!! The colors of this along with the lea and burlap are magnificent!! I really enjoy this creation of yours!!

Miesje said...

Love the burlap on that! Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at SSiC this week!