Thursday, January 31, 2013

Buzz and Bumble Card with Bling

This is the first card I've made with the new Buzz and Bumble paper pack from Close To My Heart. It was the first pack I ordered from the Idea Book because of the bees. I have two friends whose husbands are bee keepers, plus I have an orchard where bees are my favorite guests.

I used this sketch from the Amuse Challenge and I tried a new technique - coloring sparkles with a CTMH alcohol marker. The sentiment design was perfect for adding sparkles in the loops of the flourish.

 
 

The stamps used were part of the Buzz and Bumble Workshop kit. The flower is mounted on a circle that I embossed with a QuicKutz "honeycomb" embossing folder.

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Amuse Challenge - sketch
Crafty Calendar Challenge - What's new? (paper pack, stamps, technique coloring sparkles)
One Stop Craft Challenge #213 - Sparkle and Bling ( 6 sparkles colored with Honey marker)
Paper Playtime #2 - use some Brown
Tuesday Alchemy #49 - Anything Goes

This card was Top 3 at Amuse Challenge :
Amusing Challenges
 

4 comments:

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in our "What's New" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
Hugs
Bev x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous, Thanks for sharing with us at CBN.xxx

Sharon said...

Beautiful card. Love the bee paper! Thank you so very much for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

ladyjanet_56 said...

What a lovely card great Layout & colour combo I love your sentiment stamp. Thank you for joining us at OSCC, Janet