Thursday, January 3, 2013

May You Be Blessed Birthday Card

 
This is the second birthday card today I made with an Our Daily Bread Designs stamp. I used this lovely Unscripted Sketch #191.
 
 
This sketch seemed perfect for a long, narrow greeting like the one I used from Our Daily Bread Designs. I love that sentiment because it says so much more than what is on the surface. If God made the earth with all its wonders and the universe of heavenly stars and planets, can anything be too hard for Him to do for us?
 
I was striving for lots of texture and happy colors to go with the rich Scriptural birthday blessing. My yellow gingham dp was embossed with a 5" x 7" Cuttlebug Plaid embossing folder, but it doesn't really show up in the photo.
 
The blue wood dp was from My Mind's Eye "Dolled Up." Close To My Heartt had a Bohemia Assortment with doily-like flowers and unique buttons. I only had two doilies, so my third element was one of the buttons overlapping the doilies. The Outdoor Denim Bakeer's twine, Pacifica ink, and the burlap ribbon were also from CTMH.
 
May the Lord Who made heaven and earth bless you this coming year!
 
I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Ch. #136  - Anything Goes with Our Daily Bread Designs
Word Art Wednesday #61 - Anything Goes/Trust
 
 

6 comments:

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your mastery of texture is amazing. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card at WAW. Blessings!

Geri said...

Burlap, lace and distressed barn board - Sa-weet!!! This is absolutely the perfect blend of elements that are so different from each other, but work beautifully together on your card! Wow - perfect execution of this weeks Unscripted sketch!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is gorgeous, Vickie. I love the textures and colors. Thank you for sharing this in our challenge. I always enjoy your beautiful creations, and this one is a stunner! Thanks for playing along with us!
Karen
Wird Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

Vickie,
Did you intend for the ribbon to look like the Dove Noah released to look for dry land? At first glance I saw Gods Word, then Noahs arc riding the flood watrs, then the sun shining and then best for last, the "BOW", representing the Promise. He is the creator of heaven and earth and your card is wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
Carole Robb Bisson
May the Lord Bless you and keep you!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Vickie!

What a gorgeous card. I agree with Arnoldo, your card is so "tactile". My sister's cards are always so nicely layered up and I often enjoy hers for the "feel" of them. But the best part of all is your sentiment.

Thanks for showing!

Blessings,
Barb

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so beautiful and textured Vickie!! So much interest!! Love your design!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!