Monday, January 7, 2013

Some Get Well Humor

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine." Proverbs 17:22
 
 
Here's a card I made for someone in the hospital this weekend. I used a Clear Dollar Stamps digi set that had so many cute sentiments. It's called "Happy Healing."  I started with this fun sketch from Sketch Saturday, Week 240.
 
 
 
 
I cut a heart freehand from one of the glittery pineapples on the paper that had lots of fruit. I matted it on a red cardstock, matted that on pink, then another red, cutting around each freehand again.
 
 
I signed the card saying that I'm sending her hugs, smiles, and prayers that she'll soon be better. I'm a firm believer that it takes all three!
 
I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Alphabet challenge - X - "X marks the spot" Dots (heart) and Stripes
Dream Valley #48 - Anything Goes
Eureka Stamps #21 -make it Sparkle (designer papers are from a glitter stack + added sparkles)
Lexi's Creations #81 - Anything Goes
 
 
6.5" x 5" Get Well Card Recipe:
Paper - DCWV "Sweet Stack;" Bazzill cardstock; CTMH White Daisy cs and "Lucy" (pink heart)
Digi Stamps - Clear Dollar Stamps "Happy Healing"
Markers - Copic: Y11 Pale Yellow, RV23 Pure Pink, E33 Sand, N0 and N2 Neutral Grays; CTMH Alcohol: Sweet Leaf Dark and Light, Creme Brulee Dark, Cranberry, Black Legacy Writer
Accents - CTMH Sparkles; Really Reasonable Ribbon twill; Prima Floral Embellishments
Tools - printer; Cricut Art Philosophy (oval2 cut at 2.5" and 2.75")
 
 
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

ohhhh that is a really fabulous sentiment and just adore the inside one! So funny. Great card love the take on the sketch.

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Vickie! This is absolutely DARLING, my friend. Such a fun card, and I thank you SO MUCH for sharing it with us at Eureka Stamps. Feel free to also link it up at Word Art Wednesday - you are MOST welcome, and we always love to see your adorable creations shared in our challenges. THanks for being so much fun anbd such an encouragement. I'm happy you're playing along at Eureka, and hope you will also share it at WAW - the more the merrier, my friend. Art is made to be shared!! And I just LOVE seeing yours.
Have a blessed week.
Hugs,
Karen
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

SO cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at Eureka Stamps this week.

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Adorable card! I love the sentiment & papers.Love the doctor image!!

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Roxx.T

julie_woolston said...

Fantastic card Vickie, love the Dr image and the sentiment.

Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations,

Hugs Julie x

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley and good luck.
Mags
x

Kathy D. said...

Cute! I played in the sketch challenge and recognized you did to right away. I'm sure she will love the card! And I agree it takes all 3!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Adorable image and just love the sentiment this card is bound to make anyone feel better! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations hugs Susan

Unknown said...

what a fun card - Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday xx

Unknown said...

Aww, this card is so cute! I love the sentiment!

Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Sheena
xxx