Monday, January 28, 2013

Sparkling with Love

There are more than two weeks until Valentine's Day, but I have so many dear ones that I'd like to let them all know how much they mean to me. I was raised with a healthy dose of Matthew 5:16: "Let your light so shine among men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father, who is in heaven." I wanted this card to have sparkles as a sort of symbol of letting love shine from my heart.

Here's a fun little girl mouse I used from Clearly Digital Stamps to go with the lovely sketch from Wags 'n Whiskers.

 

The red cardstock was embossed with Vines and Hearts, then the raised area was inked with Cranberry ink. I printed a second image and cut out the white heart in the center. It was embossed with Tiny Hearts, although they're not showing up too well in the photo. I used three elements of bling. The red satin/organdy ribbon has glittery white hearts that was just prefect for a valentine. The tiny red sparkles were added to complement the red heart sparkles.
 
May your heart and life sparkle with love for family and friends!
 
I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
ABC Challenge #14 - Valentines
House of Gilli #49 - Anything Goes with Pink and Bling
Paper Makeup Stamps Digi Makeover #73 - Hearts
DLArt Thankful Thursday #102 - Red/Pink
Victorine Originals #51 - Red/White/Pink
Wags 'n Whiskers #96 - sketch


6" x 6" Valentine's Day Card Recipe:
Paper - Close To My Heart Cranberry and Pink Carnation cardstock, white cardstock, unknown heart dp
Image - CDS "From the Heart" outline girl mouse and sentiment
Ink - CTMH Cranberry
Markers - Copics N0, N2, N6, E0, R35
Accents - Wilton Doily; Celebrate It Ribbon; CTMH Red Sparkles; Doodlebug Designs Heart Sparkles
Tools - Spellbinder's Nestabilities Decorative Labels One; Sizzix Swirly Vines with Hearts embossing folder; The Paper Studio Tiny Hearts embossing folder


 

5 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Your card is beautiful I love the fun image and your coloring is super
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #102 red or pink challenge
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hello! Another author here. It takes me time to warm up my writing skills.
Often, I even get derailed. How do you overcome
such interruptions? A lot of things are moving in my mind and I can't place it down as naturally as you're able to.
Might need some ideas here.
my site - creative christmas gift ideas for girlfriend

Ardilla said...

So beautiful... this is a really nice card :)
Thanks for joining us this week at Digi Makeover challenge, hope to see you often playing with us!!!

Jacquel said...

Your card is just too cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week @ ABC Challenges!!!!

Patty Gorka said...

Adorable Valentine card! I really like how you used the doily for the circle in the sketch! Thanks for playing along this week at ABC challenges!