Thursday, April 11, 2013

Another Shaped Card with a Blessing

This week my yard is colorful with yellow daffodils and forsythia, lilac and pink hyacinths, and pink and white apricot tree blossoms. Spring is my favorite time of year to be outside in my yard. I am so blessed by the beauty of God's creations. I am so very thankful, as well, for the generous rain we've received lately in our drought-stricken area.

I made this shaped card with an image I printed to use last week for Twist of Faith's "New Life" challenge, but changed my mind. The girl with the watering can, "Mary, Mary," is from Michelle Perkett Studio. I combined her with the verse from Our Daily Bread Designs, Psalm 115:15:

"May you be Blessed by the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth."

Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge is to make a card shaped other than a rectangle or square. Twist of Faith, Crafty Creations, and 365 Cards Day 99 also have that same challenge. I used this card shape from the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. I sized it to fit a 5" x 7" envelope.

 
Sometimes I find it hard to know what size to cut something on the Cricut and have to try it out with scrap paper first. This time the card base was easier than the mat, which I precut with scrap paper after making a good guess. First I selected the Oval5 Card feature and cut the Buttercup cardstock at 7." The Basic Grey "Sugar Rush" floral mat was cut at 4.75." Sometimes I don't like the tiny slit made by the Cricut to show you where to fold, but this time I used the slit to thread the ribbon  and tie it all the way around the front of the card.
 
The edges of the card were lightly inked with Sunset ink. The rounded light green cardstock was embossed with the Sizzix Swirly Vines and Hearts embossing folder. I stamped the verse which came from Our Daily Bread Designs' set, "Happy Birthday."  The edges were inked with Petal ink and it was pop dotted on a Buttercup mat, inked with Sunset.
 
I added some tiny Prima spring blossoms for this girl to water. I inked white ones using an Amethyst stamp pad. CTMH Pink Glitter Gems were added to the centers of the blossoms.
 
Thanks for visiting and may you also be blessed by God's beautiful creations.


I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
365 Cards, Day 99 - Shapely
Clear It Out - Spring is Coming (stash to clear out - flowers - mine are at least 6 years old)
Crafting for All Seasons #49 - Floral Delight
Crafting by Designs - Spring Flowers
Crafty Creations #217 - No Squares
Creative Belli #167 - Pastel Colors (used forgotten flowers I'd bought in a big jar in 2007)
Die Cuttin' Divas #110 - Pastel Colors + die cuts
Fab 'n' Funky #166 - Spring Colors
Going Grey with Scrap Creations - Flower Power
Happy Campers #14 - Flower Power
MilkCoffee - Welcome Spring
My Heart Pieces - Spring or Easter
Our Daily Bread Designs Shining The Light #145 - Other than a Classic Square or Rectangle
Simon Says Stamp - April showers and/or Spring Flowers
Word Art Wednesday #75 - anything goes with encouraging or uplifting verse


 

18 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful card....Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx

Karen Letchworth said...

This shape is great, and such a fun creative card. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Blessings
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Pat N. said...

Neat shaped card! I have to try that one. TFS your card at DCD this week.

fiction book reviews said...

Beautiful, love the shape

thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week

Zoe x

Gerda said...

Beautiful shape card!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com


Shirley said...

Beautifull card. I love the colours and the shape you used. Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

Jani said...

lovely card
Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
Jani x

Unknown said...

Thank you for linking up with us for the linky party at http://diecuttindivas.blogspot.com/


Robin
http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

Rene said...

What a pretty & happy card! I just love all the layers & shapes, all the colours so lovely together! Michelle Perkett's images are favourites of mine and this one is so cute!
Enjoy your spring days outside in your yard!
Thank you for joining us in the Spring Flower challenge at Crafting By Designs!
Hugs
Rene
PS Thanks for the love left on my blog! I appreciate your visit!

Alex said...

Wow!
Your card looks great!
I love the colors .... actually I love everything!
If you want, come on my blog ... ... ... and if you want you can ask to become a Member? .... Please. I'd be honored

Unknown said...

Love the shape card, flowers look great, Thanks for joining in at happy Campers x

BugBites said...

Great card. So glad you shared with us at DCD

Carol said...

Very pretty Vickie. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Vickie, so pretty and I love how you've placed an embossed panel behind the cute image.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

J. Christoffersen said...

So pretty! I love the shape, colors, design....everything! Thanks for playing along with the Clear it Out challenge this week!
Jennifer DT - Clear it Out

Sabine said...

A very beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week.
Hugs
Sabine

Robin Parker said...

Love the great shape of your creation. Thanks for sharing on the Belli Challenge for Pastels.

Cindy said...

Very bright and springy card! Thanks for joining us at My Heart Pieces!