Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Hymn and Scripture Challenge - Trust Him When Thy Wants Are Many

Here is the latest challenge page I've made to  link up with Patter Cross's Hymn Challenge #7 for 2013 on her blog Triple the Scraps. I'm still going back and forth between the hymns I haven't done and the current ones I'm trying to keep up with. She has amazing information and scripture study for each hymn, so I'd invite you to visit her site for more. I'm sharing this faithbooking layout with Word Art Wednesday, also.

I was intrigued by the lyrics of this hymn. I don't believe I'd heard it before, but when I consider the many decades I've spent in church, it's possible I heard it sung by a choir and just don't remember it. The words invite the listener to trust in whatever situation they are in. There's something for everyone in any situation. I heard myself "singing in my head" two other songs about trust for several days. I'll probably make two more layouts using hymns of trust and additional verses. After I made the layout, I kept hearing Proverbs 3:5-6 in my mind, so I definitely have more to faithbook concerning trust.

I chose four Psalms that are meaningful to me to accompany this hymn. Now that I'm in my mid-60's and experience the accompanying forgetfulness, Psalm 71:1 is even more meaningful: "let me never be put to confusion!" The other verses I've quoted to my children or friends when they've asked for prayer and advice. As adults we are expected to be self-sufficient, self-reliant, but as children of God we have to learn to trust Him in difficult situations, like a small child taking His hand and letting Him lead us.


Here are the seven stanzas of the hymn in case you can't read them on my layout.


1. Trust Him when thy wants are many;

Trust Him when thy friends are few;

And the time of swift temptation

Is the time to trust Him, too.

 

2. Trust Him when thy soul is burdened

With the sense of all its sin;

He will speak the word of pardon,

He will make thee clean within.

 

3. Trust Him for the grace sufficient,

Ever equal to thy need;

Trust Him always for the answer,

When in His dear name you plead.

 

4. Trust Him for the grace to conquer,

He is able to subdue;

Trust Him for the power for service;

Trust Him for the blessing too.

 

5. Trust Him when dark doubts assail thee,

Trust Him when thy strength is small,

Trust Him when to simply trust Him

Seems the hardest thing of all.

 

6. Trust Him; He is ever faithful;

Trust Him, for His will is best;

Trust Him, for the heart of Jesus

Is the only place of rest.

 

7. Trust Him, then, through cloud or sunshine,

All thy cares upon Him cast,

Till the storm of life is over,

And the trusting days are past.


 
 
 
 
 



 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Vickie, This is beautiful. The flowers, hand written journeling and TRUST!
We appreciate and thank you, for taking time out your day to post this beautiful project at Word Art Wednesday,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday
The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

Jonia said...

Love this page and how you put it together. Isn't this challenge wonderful!

Kathy said...

Lovely page - I love the handwritten scriptures.