Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Perfect Sentiment Challenge #76 - Mother's Day Blossoms

In less than three weeks it will be Mother's Day! So we have a timely challenge for you at The Perfect Sentiment Challenge:

CREATE A CARD WITH A MOTHER'S DAY THEME; DON'T FORGET TO INLCUDE YOUR SENTIMENT ON THE FRONT.

Our sponsor is Beccy's Place where you can find so many lovely images. Beccy will award one lucky winner 3 free images!


I especially love the floral images that Beccy has. I used to give my mom flowers on Mother's Day. She often put in a request for fresh ones from my garden. They were usually tulips, irises, or lilacs. We have also taken my mother-in-law to an iris farm near us on Mother's Day where thousands of irises are in bloom or ready to buy. So I definitely associate flowers with Mother's Day.



I chose one of Beccy's images from her blog, Bucket of Blossoms, that looks like a bucket of flowers from our farm. Although the sunflowers usually bloom later, I've had bluish purple salvia and blue forget-me-nots in the spring, so I colored them accordingly. I assembled the card using this sketch from Sketch Saturday:


I just recently found a large pad of My Mind's Eye Totally Girl paper that I had stashed away (out of sight, out of mind) for the last few years. I chose the three designer papers from that stack. The orangish paper has yellowish dots, so I embossed the white background panel with a medium polka dot embossing folder. Since the bucket is rather rustic, added some thin jute from Papertrey Ink and some older CTMH wooden buttons. My Mother's Day sentiment from My Favorite Things is stamped on an area of the dp that looks like it has white paint.

No matter how you celebrate, or whether your mom is still living or not, I hope you'll join us with your own Mother's Day card for any mom in your life.

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
All Sorts #203 - Passion for flowers
Clear It Out - anything goes with 2 or more buttons from your stash
Critter Sketch #161 - Buttons
Cupcake Craftroom - Summer blooms (sunflowers are especially for the summer!)
Dilly Beans - flowers
Great Impressions - Pastel colors and/or polka dots
Shelly's Images - flowers
Sketch Saturday #255 - sketch
The Corrosive Challenge #172 - Life's Special Occasions
Totally Gorjuss #180 - embossing
Use It Tuesdays #54 - flowers for Mom (hoarded supply was the designer papers)


 

15 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow, this is a beautiful card! I always think of flowers for Mothers Day too, you have done a wonderful job.

Dewi Lestari said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card! Thanks for joining at Critter Sketch: Buttons
Hugs
Dewi

sgc said...

Beautiful card for Mother's Day! The colors are so pretty. Thanks for playing in the Critter Sketch Button Challenge.

Unknown said...

Oh Vickie this is so pretty! Love love the bright colors :) Hugs, Cheryl

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Beautiful creation, love the colours & layout!
Hugs Shell xx

Sashika Taylor said...

Wow, this is beautiful!

Jenn Borjeson said...

So pretty, great colors. Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)

Anke said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss
hugs Anke

Scrappy Katrina Lee said...

I love the image! Gorgeous Flowers & Perfect summer colors! (I am so ready for that!) Thanks so much for taking our Button Up Challenge at Clear It Out! I hope you come play with us again soon!
Katrina

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautifully coloured flowers and lovely coordinating paper choices. It’s great that you played along with us at Sketch Saturday. I’m sorry I’m so late coming by to thank you. Hugs, Lesley

Amanda said...

Just love it, so beautiful. thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images.

hugs Amanda
Shelly's Images DT

Stephanie U said...

Great job mixing the hoarded papers with your amazing coloring on the image. Thanks for playing along with us at Use It Tuesday!

Margaret said...

Your card is just gorgeous and your coloring is spectacular.

Scrappy Chick said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for playing along at Use It Tuesday.

Erin said...

What a gorgeous bouquet of flowers! And the polka dot embossing folder is a lovely touch. Thanks for joining us this month at Great Impressions Stamps!