Thursday, April 18, 2013

PPA Sketch 157 Mother's Day Card

My mother is no longer living, so I've chosen a lot of other mothers as objects of my Mother's Day celebration. I know my mom and grandmothers would want me to do that. God blessed me with a Christian mother who loved me very much and I like to pass it on.

I chose a Saturated Canary image, Navaeh, for this card because I'm sure the artist used my youngest granddaughter as a model for this sweet image. She has long blond hair and loves to wear dresses. My sentiment comes from My Favorite Things and reads:

Flowers have the sun, children have their mothers.

This sketch from Pals Paper Arts was just perfect for my image and the papers and elements I'd chosen to use. I also chose my color palette from a new challenge blog, Kreativeinkauf-challenge: to use green, white, and one other color. I chose a springtime golden yellow to go with the green and white.

 
I wanted to add extra lace so I tied a piece in the center and used it to frame my bow from CTMH Crème Brulee ribbon. The green mat under the image was embossed using a Sizzix embossing folder. I used an ink roller with Sweet Leaf ink to roll across the "front" side of the folder before putting my paper in. It was close enough to the Kiwi cardstock color that it only shows up slightly. All of the papers were from Close To My Heart (including  except for the sentiment banner, which was a scrap of Bazzill. The Clover Meadow cardstock was used to die cut the tropical leaf flourish. I often cut that into two pieces to mold it around my design. I finished it with some pale yellow Prima flowers (I've had for over six years) and pearls.

Copic Markers used: DRESS YG03, YG23, YG63, G24, G85; HAIR YR21, YR31, E33; SKIN E00, E02, E21, R01, R21; OTHER N0, N2, N4, C3, C5, 0

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
ABC Challenge - L - Lovely Lace ( used Wilton)
Card Mania #18 - punches and/or die cuts (Spellbinders Nestabilities - Floral Ovals)
Crafty Sentiments - Lace and pearls (Wilton lace)
Creative Belli #167 - color challenge - Pastels (+ forgotten embellishments - old ribbon, flowers)
DRS Designs #66 - Bows
House of Gilli - Anything Goes with Lace and Pearls
Kreativeinkauf-challenge #2 - Green, white, plus another color (golden yellow)
Oozak - Anything Goes with Lace, ribbon, and pearls
Pals Paper Arts #157 - Sketch
Saturated Canary #41 - Anything Goes with Saturated Canary image (I used Navaeh)
Stamp and Create - Use at least one die cut (Spellbinders Nestabilties - Floral Ovals, Cheery Lynne Designs Tropical Flourish)


 

15 comments:

kalleinka said...

A lovely card... great way, how you arranged evverything.
Thanks for joining us at the Kreativeinkauf-challengeblog.

Greetings, Ilonka

Shelia said...

oh this is so lovely with the lace behind the bow and your coloring is perfect. Love the sentiment too! Thank you for joining the DRS Designs' challenge this week!

Dreja said...

Wow! Was für eine phantastische Karte! Ganz bezaubernd.

Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme an der Kreativeinkauf-Challenge.

LG Dreja

Linda Callahan said...

Love your coloring!

Tanya said...

Beautiful card! Love the spring colors and your coloring is fantastic!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!

Samantha Casey said...

Beautiful card! I love all the embellishments you used, they work so well together! Thank you for joining us at the Oozak Challenge!

-Samantha

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Wonderful coloring and love how well all the elements of this creation flow together! Beautiful creation - thanks so much for sharing with our Crafty Sentiments challenge!!

Laura Love said...

Wowzers! This is beautiful! Your coloring is stunning and I love how you used the pearls as your flower centers! That sentiment is awesome! Love this! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week! We hope you will play along again with us soon :)

Caz said...

This is lovely thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments. And good luck.

Caz xx CSD DT

cathi139 said...

Stunning coloring and great work, thanks for joining us at Kreativeinkauf
Cathi

Janett said...

Beautiful card, great coloring. Thanks for joining the DRS designs challenge.

Andrea said...

OMG -- I love it! Your card is so so beautifull and has lots of eyecatchers!!
Thanks a lot for playing around with us at Kartenallerleichallenge,
Hugs Andrea

Lin said...

Your colouring is amazing, and I adore that zingy green. A fabulous design.

Thanks for joining us at ABC.

Lin xx

Jenn said...

This is a beautiful card, I love the image and your coloring! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges.

Bastelfalter said...

Ein tolles Kärtchen, sehr schön gestaltet, klasse!
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei der Kreativeinkauf-Challenge.
Viele Grüße
Bastelfalter