Sunday, August 11, 2013

New Products August Blog Hop

The Stampers with an Attitude group is hopping again. The new Close To My Heart Fall Winter Idea Book was just released 11 days ago and we're brimming with new creative ideas for the new products!  If you have just come from Cat Nowak's blog, you're in the right place.  (I have another blog hop post today showing my project for the other black Designed Décor frame, too, so if you'd also like to enjoy the other one, you can find the Artbooking Blog Hop just above this post.)

 I used this new kit for the Designed Décor Colonial White Frame with the honeycomb wire background. This is my prayer board praying Scripture for my children and grandchildren.




I added black cardstock behind the kraft frames that come with the kit. I used a thin row of liquid glass along the bottom and two sides. If I do it again, I think I'll only adhere one of the sides and the bottom so that photos can be changed more easily.

I've been researching ways to pray Scripture for your children so I wanted to make tags with those reminders. I had cut a large variety of tags when I was playing with the new Cricut Artbooking cartridge. On the front I put the prayer idea matted in black and the Scripture on the back:



These were cut a size that allowed them to fit into the 3 pockets. If you'd like more details, feel free to email me at vodell2@aol.com and I'll send them to you next week. I also have the Scriptures and prompts typed using Microsoft Word if you're interested.


Thanks for visiting. Now you are ready to see what creative project Kimberly Moss has in store for you.  If you would like to see my other prayer board, it was also posted today here.

I'm sharing this Scripture project with Word Art Wednesday Challenge #92.


Directions for Praying 4U Designed Décor Frame Kit Project

1.      Stamp as desired the Kraft frames that are provided in the kit. You can refer to my example on the website for my stamping example.

2.      The pockets holding photos begin with the Kraft frames that. I added a black cardstock mat the same size for the backing. You may need to use a corner rounder if the black corners stick out. Use a very thin line of strong liquid glue on the bottom and one side. I tried to keep the glue away from the inner edges of the frame. This will let you slide a 3” x 3” photo between the Kraft frame and black mat. If you’ve accidentally gotten glue too close to that inner edge, you can make your photo smaller.

3.      After inserting photos, you can use the clothespins included in the kit on the right or left side that you left unglued. This will hold the pocket with the photo closed.

4.      Make simple pockets to hold prayer ideas: Cut selected cardstock 7.5” x 3.5” and fold in half. (Score first if cardstock is thick and hard to fold.) Ink edges if desired. I inked the edges with Barn Red ink, which is the same color I used to stamp the Kraft frames. Cut black cardstock to make a “belly band” to go around the middle of the pocket to keep it closed: 1.5” x 8.” Fold it around the folded pocket and glue it in the back.

5.      I cut Colonial White file folder shapes for the front of the pockets using Cricut Artbooking.  (p. 58, Real Dial Size 3.25, Photo Mat 1 Shift <A>)  I stamped them with nature images using light Bamboo ink and sponged Barn Red ink on the edges.

6.      The title banner on top is made from Kraft Banner pieces included in the kit. I alternated the two shapes. I cut additional Colonial White banner pieces for stamping the title. (Cricut Art Philosophy 1.25” p. 29 <Banner2>) It was stamped using a Polka Dot Alphabet and Barn Red Ink. I strung the title banner using the jute baker’s twine included in the kit. I left both sides long enough to tie it on the back after weaving it into some of the chicken wire at the top of the frame.

7.      For the prayer prompts inside the pockets, I cut a variety of Colonial White or other cardstock shapes no bigger than 3.5.”  I cut a variety of Barn Red “Huntington” designer paper shapes to decorate each card. The prayer prompt was mounted on black cardstock and adhered to the decorated card. The Scripture was adhered to the back of the card.

Feel free to substitute any elements using die cuts, paper, stamps, or ink that you have available.


 

12 comments:

Melinda Everitt said...

What a wonderful idea for the new frame! So beautiful and so useful. Great job!

S`andra V. said...

Really love this idea. Fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

Pamela OConnor said...

Awesome idea for using this kit! Now I can't wait to get one myself. :D Thank you so much for sharing!

Jen Patrick said...

Fabulous frame and what a great idea with the scriptures :)

Christy Geyer said...

Great frame! I'm anxious to try one. Also love the Scripture Tag idea.

ladyvelosa1949 said...

This is so great! One way to show who's needing prayer and if you're stumped you have ready made prayers to use...I Love this idea!

Karen Letchworth said...

Vickie, you always have the greatest ideas and your projects are just amazing. You have SO MUCH creativity and I'm always blessed by your creations. Thanks for sharing in our challenge and please accept my sincere gratitude for playing along with us,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Gina Brandstetter said...

LOVE this idea for the frame!

marylouh said...

Great idea for the praying board. I'm sure the kids are glad to know that you are praying for them.

Renee Tanner said...

Unique idea for this great frame, I know I can't stop thinking about all the ways I can use it.

Stephanie said...

What a fantastic idea! I really like this idea and it would make great gifts. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Word Art Wednesday.

Gemiel said...

Wow, this is so awesome. What a wonderful idea. I love the cards with the prayer ideas and scriptures. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings!