Sunday, April 12, 2015

Mojo Monday 392 with ODBD Shining the Light Challenge

I've been unavoidably absent here, but I'm hoping that will improve. We had Easter and two birthdays to celebrate out of town since I was here last. How thankful I've been for my daughter's family coming up to our farm (a very long drive) during their spring breaks off school. It's amazing to watch her four kids helping with the outdoor work that seems never-ending when growing season begins. They have endless energy! Her dear hubby has been pruning and cleaning up our orchard and clearing fence lines of the numerous volunteer trees while my hubby is immersed in huge remodeling projects here. It's obvious where we live that trees want to take over, making this pastureland a forest again.


As we age, this help has been a true answer to prayer. So I chose a verse from Our Daily Bread Design's Scripture collection 5 for this card:  "Call to me and I will answer you." Jeremiah 33:3




I combined this week's color challenge from ODBD Shining the Light Challenge #233 and Mojo Monday Challenge #392 Sketch:




My Spring Iris border was cut with a Martha Stewart punch and the frame from a Spellbinder's die.  I used CTMH white and silver glitter tape behind the verse, white sequins, and glitter jewel in the middle of unknown flower.

May you look to God for your needs and problems. He promises to answer us!

I'm also sharing this card with these challenges:
Clear It Out  - anything goes/ stash item very, very old patterned papers (2005 & 2009)
Mojo Monday #392 - sketch
Pile It On #64 - fancy frames and beautiful borders
Sister Act #101 - anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #178 - anything uplifting



4 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

So soft and beautiful Vickie!! I just love the verse as the focal point and your take on the sketch with the hues of blue and purple!! Thanks so much for joining the color challenge at ODBD!! So glad you were able to join us!
blessings,
Chris

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the pretty color hues and what a pretty border too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Leanne said...

Great job, awesome color and the border is so pretty. Thanks for playing our Die Cuts Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.
Cheers,
Leanne DT

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

Wonderful colors and a great quote.
Best regards, Synnöve