Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Live Beautifully Tri-Shutter Card

I happened to catch Joy Tracey's tutorial last week to make this card. You can find it on her blog post at Obsessed with Scrapbooking. What I loved about this post was her Cricut cutfile for a tri-shutter card. It made this card quick and easy to make! I plan to use it a lot. I used the same papers she did for my friend's birthday card, but I decorated it differently. I stamped the rose with Cotton Candy ink, then sponged some pomegranate ink near the edges and restamped. I used Copic markers to shade each petal because I wanted more depth to the design. My coloring isn't perfect, but I like the depth it added.




I had already handwritten a personal message to my friend above the stamped sentiment inside before photographing this card, so I didn't take a close-up photo of that. I stamped a verse from Our Daily Bread Designs: "May you enjoy God's awesome blessings on your birthday!"

Thanks for visiting! May God bless you as you bless others with your creations!

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #242 - Make Your Mark (used Copics on top of ink)
Allsorts Challenge #415 - Roses
Cards und More Challenge #184 - Cards for women
Creative With Stamps #14 - Flowers
Dream Valley Challenge #156 - things with wings
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Sparkle (I used black sparkles)

5.5" x 3.75" card recipe (all materials CTMH unless indicated otherwise):
Paper - CTMH Live Beautifully patterned paper, Pomegranate and White Daisy cardstock,
Stamp - Live Beautifully (flower and leaves), ODBD All Occasion Sentiments
Inks - Cotton Candy, Pomegranate, Ponderosa Pine; Memento Tuxedo Black
Markers - Copics R83 and R89
Embellishments - White and Gold Ribbon, (Retired: Just Blooms flutter butterflies, black sparkles, black sparkle flourish)
Tools - Cricut Design Space and Joy Tracey's cut file listed above




10 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

So pretty, the papers are beautiful and I love the pretty swirls and card design. ]Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

brenda said...

A really beautiful Rose creation and perfect for our theme this week, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

susiestacey said...

Lovely card and a beautiful rose stamp,
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Roses' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

SewPaperPaint said...

This is ever so pretty! Great colors and design! Happy Friday, Autumn

Michelle said...

This card is very precious and the colors are lovely.
Thanks for joining us at Cards und More.
Good luck!! Michelle (DT)

N-Eva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
N-Eva said...

Wow this is just stunning. Nice work. Love the colours, love the beautiful rose and just love your design. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Dram Valley challenge.Neva

Peanut said...

Oh my word! What a lovely project, Vickie! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

jen t. said...

Gorgeous!! Thanks for joining the challenge at creative with stamps blog!
Jennifer Taylor creative with stamps dt

Maria Valente said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you so much for playing along at CWS Challenge.
Mary (DT)