Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Swirly Seashell Scripture Cards

Five years ago I took four of my grandchildren (with parents and the other grandmother) on vacation to the ocean. It was so amazing to watch - and photograph - their delight with the entire experience. It was the first of four vacations which also included mountains, deserts, Yellowstone National Park, and the Grand Canyon. These were things I felt everyone should see in order to understand what an amazing world we live in. In two weeks their parents are taking them again to the same beach on Mustang Island for a repeat of what they considered to be their favorite vacation. I decided to give my daughter one of these cards with some souvenir money inside. I chose a CTMH scripture stamp from the retired set, "Look to the Light," to celebrate vacation rest from her busy schedule:

"Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28." 




Thanks for visiting! As summer vacation arrives, may you also find rest and refreshment in Him!

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Aud Sentiments Challenge #180 - anything goes with a sentiment
Happy Little Stampers - anything goes with dies
Heartful Stamping Challenge - die cuts + stamping
Sunsational May Challenge - Swim, Beach, Ocean
Rubber Dance Blog - Rule of Three (first card)
Through the Purple Haze #125 - anything goes

Papers - CTMH No Worries; Mermaid Coast card base from Michaels
Stamps - CTMH Swirly Sea Shells, Look to the Light
Ink - Glacier, Gypsy, Slate, and Blossom for sea shells, sponged with Whisper ink. Black sentiment and Copic markers to color second card
Tools - Swirly Sea Shells Thin cuts, Spellbinders Curved Borders Two die
Embellishments - Silver Sequins; retired Coral Reef Sequins

11 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What pretty cards, and that sentiment is perfect for taking a vacation! I love the curve to the lower part. Very nice work!

Rubber Dance said...

Your cards are so wonderful Vicky, and I love the idea to give your daughter some souvenir money! I think memories, like your big trip with your family, are one of the most beautiful things we have. I've been to the US 14 years ago and I know that I will take my kids back (when they are a little older) to visit some of the most beautiful places I've seen there. Thank you for joining us over at the Rubber Dance challenge. xx Susanne.

Tiggerscraps said...

These are gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Sunsational Stamps!
Marji DT

Shylaashree said...

Wishing you a beautiful vacation vicky, a lovely card to cherish the moments at beach.
Thank you for joining us at Sunsational Stamps Challenge.
Shylaa DT@SSC
Adhiraacreations

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous design and I love the shells as the background and as the focus. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Helen said...

Beautiful - love the delicate colours.

Thanks for joining us for our challenge at Sunsational Stamps!

Helen x

LeeAnn McKinney said...

Beautiful Cards, thank you for playing at Sunsational Stamps, hope to see you again for the June Challenge.

Katydid Cards said...

These are beauties! Love the soft colors you used!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Lovely sea theme card. Thanks for joining us at Rubber Dance Challenge this month.

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Beautiful cards..Thank you so much for joining us again at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies Challenge.. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal