Monday, September 5, 2016

Blessed to Have You Card

When I saw the lovely sentiments in the CTMH September Stamp of the Month, I couldn't wait to try them. If I had the stamina and knew the addresses, I'd make scores of cards with this one to send to the many people who have blessed my life over the many years. But I'll have to settle for the here and now to share this lovely sentiment of gratitude. 


The striped and dotted papers come from Jeepers Creepers paper pack and the leaves were stamped on Cricut cuts of Rustic Home Fundamentals papers. Since they're reversible, one side has a warmer beige coloring and the other a gray tone. I used both. An eighth inch strip of gold glitter paper was also coordinated with gold sequins and white and gold twine.

The sentiment of this card also challenges me to be a blessing to others. It brought to mind the words of the old song, Make Me a Blessing.

Out in the highways and byways of life, Many are weary and sad;
Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife, Making the sorrowing glad.
Make me a blessing, Make me a blessing, Out of my life, May Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O Saviour I pray, Make me a blessing to someone today.

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
ABC Challenge - O for Open
Aud Sentiments Challenge #163 - anything goes plus a sentiment
Crafty Catz #336 - anything goes with twist-autumn colors
Creative Knockouts #157 - sparkle and shine
Heart 2 Heart Challenge - for National Stamping month, CTMH product and stamping
Let's Craft and Create #117 - Spots or Stripes
PDE Linky Party #136 - anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #246-247 - anything family friendly

5.5" x 4.25" Card Recipe:
Papers - CTMH Jeepers Creepers (tangerine stripe and whisper gray dotted), Rustic Home (leaf backgrounds)
Stamps - September Stamp of the Month "Blessed Beyond Measure"
Ink - Black, Tangerine (stamped on small leaves and sponged on biggest leaf)
Markers - ShinHan Twin Touch YR24 Marigold
Embellishments - Gold Glitter Paper, Gold Sequins, White and Gold twine
Tools - Cricut Artbooking (leaves), 2" scalloped circle punch, sponge

11 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A delightful card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Janis Lewis said...

This is beautiful. Thanks for linking up at PDE Linky Party.
~DT Janis

Unknown said...

Stunning! Love the use of the subtle colors, thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart!

Cheryl W said...

Your card is beautiful, Vickie. I think it would be perfect for Thanksgiving. Thank you so much for joining us at Let's Craft and Create, and good luck in all the challenges you've entered. Cheryl Winget, DT

Esther Asbury said...

I saw your beautiful card on WAW link up and wanted to drop by and say how lovely your card is!

Laurie Levorson said...

Absolutely gorgeous artwork! So many special details that work perfectly together. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

Lauren said...

This is just so stunning! I love the touch of bling and that beautiful Jeepers Creepers paper that adds a pop of colour to the card. Thanks for joining us at H2H challenges.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Let's Craft & Create, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sue Bruch—From my Heart said...

Very pretty!

Brandi said...

Very pretty card, I love it! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

Brandi R
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Haley D. said...

Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card with us at H2H!