Sunday, March 26, 2017

Green Blessings Card

When I was a girl our church choir would sing the words of this blessing at the end of each service. I didn't realize the rich fullness of these words until I grew up. Now it's one of my favorite blessings from scripture, Numbers 6:24-26, "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious unto you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace."

The stamp and the background die cut are both from Our Daily Bread Designs. The long-retired CTMH felt flowers and "Miracle" and Christmas papers are more of my hoarded stash I'm determined to use up!

May your heart be blessed by the beautiful sentiment!

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Crafty Friends Challenge #54 -  B is for ...Blessing
Our Daily Bread Designs Shining The Light Challenge #284 - anything with ODBD stamps
Simply Create Too - #125 - lots of green
Unicorn Challenge #19 - Go Green
Words 2 Craft By #39 - Proverbs and Blessings



9 comments:

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn, Claire DTx

Annie S. said...

This card is stunning! Love the colors and the sentiment ~ a perfect blessing for our W2CB Challenge. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Vickie... it’s so lovely to see you have shared one of your lovely cards with us. Thank you for entering your Blessings card into our ‘B is for…’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
[Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

SewPaperPaint said...

Vickie, you've really inspired me to get out this stamp and ink it up! I love what you've done here. Such a beautiful design. Hugs, Autumn

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful verse, Vickie!! I just love the framing, added flowers, and design! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!

Sybrina K said...

Vickie, This is such a pretty card, and your verse is perfect for our Words 2 Craft By Challenge! Moreover, I love the beautiful way you framed this verse. Thanks so much for joining us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

Janelle said...

This is so lovely. I love the delicate frame and it's very delicate to use such a long sentiment on the front of a card, but you've done brilliantly. Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too. Best of luck. Janelle (DT) :)

Engelchen said...

very nice. thank you for joining us at Crafty friends challenge.
Greetings Geesje (DT)

Sybrina K said...

Vickie,

Congratulations on your W2CB win! We just loved your beautiful card and its gorgeous sentiment.

Please e-mail me at cards[dot]by[dot]sybrina[at]gmail[dot]com for information at being a Guest I-Teamer for an upcoming challenge -- perhaps our May/June challenge -- and touch base with Annie about your prize. Just so you know, I'm going to be doing some traveling the first part of the week. So, it might be a day or two or three before I get back to you.

Congratulations again, Vickie! Have a great week!