Friday, April 28, 2017

Mojo Monday Live Beautifully Mother's Day Card

I have been blessed to have a wonderful mother-in-law, Virginia! She's 92 years old now, but still has the loving, gracious personality she's had all these years. She was a teacher like me and always encouraged me.  On Virginia's birthday last month, I presented her two large scrapbooks that celebrated her life.  I've done this each year since her 90th birthday. I always have more layouts to add each year. She never seems to tire of the layouts, photos, and stories.  Her delight and comments make all this scrapbooking worthwhile.

With National Scrapbook Month coming May 1st, I thought I'd use the amazing paper pack and stamp set that CTMH has as a special treat for us in May.  The floral and gold foiled papers are elegant and perfect for Mother's Day. So was the sketch at Mojo Monday this week.



I wanted the beautiful papers in the background to show the most possible so I made the middle layer gold dotted vellum from the All  About Gold Fundamentals paper pack. I edged it with the gold shimmer brush but the lighting didn't show it very well.  The sentiment panel is backed with gold glitter paper. It was stamped with a sentiment from the CTMH retired "For Family." I had spent time practicing making bows thanks to Bonnie Darby's tutorial video's. on Really Reasonable Ribbon's blog! I used an old black organdy Ribbon Round to make this double layer double bow.



The rose was stamped first with Thistle ink then with Cotton Candy. I had tried several combinations to get colors that matched the paper and this one was the best. I used the Gold Shimmer Brush on the center of the rose. I added three gold glitter gems to complete the gold embellishments.



I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:

CCEE Stampers #1717 - floral image for National Garden Month
Crafty Cardmakers #187 - pearls and/or gems
Fussy and Fancy #186 - anything goes
Mojo Monday #494 - sketch
Really Reasonable Ribbon #162 - Put a bow on it
The Ribbon Girls April Challenge - use any image with ribbon

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Vickie

This is such a pretty card! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers

June/DT

Donna said...

Such a pretty card.
Thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl April Anything Goes - Any Image challenge.
Hugs, Donna xx

Jac’s Playground said...

A beautiful card and your bow is stunning, thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers x

Karen Letchworth said...

What a pretty pretty PRETTY card, Vickie! Thanks so much for sharing in our Put a Bow on It Challenge. I hope you will join us again soon.
Blessings.
Karen L
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Kathleen said...

This card is breath-taking!

Lin said...

Felt sure I had left a comment on this fabulous Mother's Day card for your Mother-in-law the other day, but as I can't see it here I must be losing the plot.

Anyhow it's lovely and I am sure she appreciated such a fabulous design.

Thanks for sharing in our pearls/gems challenge.

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers

Josephine said...

Beautiful card.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Marlies said...

A beautiful card in lovely colours and I love the Bow. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy. Marlies

Judy Rozema said...

Your bow is beautiful! Lovely card. Thank you for joining our Put A Bow On It Challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon!