Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Words of Encouragement with One Sheet Wonder Cards

I'm often late to participate in trends or fads. I just found a need to make a lot of cards for our local store and use up lots of my paper stash. When I discovered One Sheet Wonder patterns on Pinterest, I finally joined the trend. Here are the first seven I made after a quick cut of the pieces along with die cut words and coordinating stamps.


Using the flower paper from CTMH La Vie en Rose was a good choice for the cards with three strips or three squares. I loved the way the pattern matches from strip to strip.


I had found the "prayers" set of die and sentiment stamps at Simon Says Stamp.




The rest are found at Papertrey Ink. I liked the versatility of these sets because each had a variety of beginnings and endings that can be matched with the die cut words to fit the situation of the recipient.  One additional feature of my cards is that I cut a black mat for each piece. I thought it would take a long time, but I looked at the size and added almost 1/4" on two sides for a contrasting mat. The black hearts were stamped and one black glitter paper heart was added for simple embellishment.



This week I just found that another CTMH consultant, Kathleen Androlewicz, used the same One Sheet Wonder pattern with the Dreamin' Big papers that you can see here.

Thanks for visiting! I hope this inspires you to make your own encouragement cards using One Sheet Wonder patterns!

I'm sharing this project with the following challenges:

Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper April Challenge - anything goes with patterned paper
Crafty Creations Challenge #340 - anything goes
Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #120 - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - anything goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #280 - 281 - anything goes/family friendly

7 comments:

chanya13 said...

Very nice cards !!! Thank you for sharing with us over here at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper and best of luck with your entry.
Hugs Agnieszka chanya13

Stephanie said...

These are beautiful!! I love the sentiments. Thanks for giving us the OSW diagram and sketches. I love mass-producing cards to help build my stash. Thanks so much for sharing them with us at Word Art Wednesday.

Teresa Kline said...

hello vickie! these are amazing, great idea! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Kathleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen said...

Vickie, These are AWESOME! This is some of my favorite papers and with those stamps it is over the top!

The Crafty Critter said...

What a beautiful set of cards! Thank you for sharing how you were able to make them! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges.
-Miranda DT
TheCraftyCritter.com

Judy V said...

Beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!