Thursday, October 5, 2017

Striped Christmas

This time of year I do more crafting and less blogging as I get ready for craft fair days in our community. Last year we sold so much the first day we weren't sure if we had enough to sell the second day and two of us had to go home and make a lot more Christmas cards. So I may write less, but I'll still try to photograph and post some to share ideas. I also try to use up some of my older papers from CTMH and the scrapbook store where I used to teach classes.

I keep looking for different ideas for using Christmas paper, so one scrap of striped paper inspired these cards when I saw the challenge at Southern Girls Challenge this week. I varied the ink color, embellishments and twines. (If you've been with CTMH more than 10 years you'll recognize the piece of Cocoa Café that I used.) If you'd like to try this one, you may use my Cricut Design Space cut file.





I'm also sharing this card project with the following challenges:
A Snowflake's Promise Challenge #44 -  anything Christmas
Christmas at Sweet Stampin' September Challenge - anything Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra October - anything
The Holly and the Ivy Challenge #16 - anything Christmas
The Merry Christmas Challenge #37 - anything Christmas
The Twelve Months of Christmas Challenge #34 - anything Christmas







9 comments:

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Beautiful Striped snowflake cards, very simple but elegant.
Thanks for sharing with us at the Merry Christmas Challenge.
Cindy DT

Sheila Bennett said...

Great cards! Love how you used the negative space of the snowflake to show a nice striped paper below.

Sue Bruch—From my Heart said...

Love the cards and how you successfully used papers from your stash. Thank-you for the cut files!

Tracey T said...

I love this modern card design. Thank you for playing along at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey

Caren B said...

Love the striped paper behind the snowflake - thanks for joining the Merry Christmas Challenge!

Suze said...

The snowflakes look great with the striped paper behind them. Thank your for joining in our Anything Goes Christmas Card challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.

flossbite said...

Gorgeous card design, very clever. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty HazelNuts Christmas challenge extra this month :-)

Susan Renshaw said...

What a super set of cards!
Thanks for sharing with 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!

SUSAN DT

DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Coelle said...

WOW....Just LOVE your Snowflake cards....how unique! Thanks for sharing!