Monday, January 2, 2012

A friend who knows the song in your heart

Today's inspiration from The Shabby Tea Room Challenge #95 has trees, birds, owls, butterflies, quilts, all things that I love. They call it "Time Flies."



At first I thought I'd use one of my clock stamps somewhere. Then I looked at my cute owl and branch stamps, but something else began to take shape when I saw my bird stamp with one of my favorite sentiments. I thought about how it takes a long time to grow a really good friend like the ones I have. I know that when things are tough, like when I lost my mom, my friends knew just the right things to say and do to get me through the sadness. So I made this card in honor of them. I hope I can sing their heart songs back to them when they need it.


I used this great sketch from Papertake Weekly Challenge #63.


I used Basic Grey's "Sweet Threads" papers that looked like quilt patterns and a yellow gingham scrap I had out. They photographed a little darker and brighter but the colors are like the ones in the inspiration photo.   I replaced their scallops with pink lattice ribbon that reminded me of a lattice supporting blue morning glories I once had in my butterfly garden. I inked the bird with CTMH Twilight ink and used tissue dabbed in Chocolate ink on the wings and tail, one of my favorite, simple techniques.

Challenges:

6 comments:

Barb King said...

I love this card. That's a beautiful bird!

Barb King said...

I love this card. That's a beautiful bird!

sandee said...

beautiful card, especially love the sentiment!

~Tammy~ said...

That sentiment is just wonderful and this really shows a close friend how much they mean.

Debi said...

Your card is very lovely. Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful card! Love your choice of papers!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa