Thursday, January 26, 2012

Christmas Challenge Sketch #18 for a Child

Five of my grandchildren are boys, so I always appreciate challenges to make a card for a boy. Crimbo Crackers has a challenge to make a Christmas card for a boy. I used this sketch from Christmas Challenges (with sketches) #18 to make one for five-year-old Aidan, who looks like the boy in this image. I've been stamping (and collecting) for so many years that I really have a lot of clear acrylic stamps, mostly Close To My Heart, but I can't allow myself to get rid of any, hence the use of retired stamps not available anywhere. Besides, when that stamp was available, I didn't have this cute five-ear-old grandson.




The paper and snowflakes are actually glittery, even though the photo doesn't reveal much. I made the resolution to make Christmas cards all year so I'd be ready in November and December. Now I should also make the resolution to make more masculine cards!

5"x 5" card:
Paper - Recollections "Naughty or Nice" collection, CTMH Colonial White and Desert Sand CS, Bazzil dark brown CS
Stamp - CTMH retired "Christmas Memories"
Ink - CTMH Juniper, Chocolate (both sponged), Memento "Tuxedo Black"
Other - CTMH buttons "Red Collection,"Colonial White Waxy Flax, Glitz Glitter Gel, sponge; various circle punches, Martha Stewart snowflake punch; Copics E33, E35, RV29, Prismacolor pencil



3 comments:

Unknown said...

what a lovely card and good luck with the challenge.

Hugs Betina

Karin said...

What a cute card. Thanks for joining us at CCWS.

Tip Top said...

Lovely card - and such pretty papers! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers