Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Comfort of His Wings

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge#129  used a beautiful Psalm today:

Psalm 91:4a "He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge."
That verse has so many applications. I always appreciate the devotional they include with their challenge. I seem to need a lot of cards of comfort lately.  I had found a wonderful bird image embedded in one of my patterned papers and had cut it out. I had already started making a card for the ColourQ Challenge using the sketch from The Sweet Stop when I found their challenge to make something with wings.

My card uses a verse from Sweet and Sassy Stamps.


The bird is from one of the papers from Basic Grey's Curio. The yellow and orange papers are from Basic Grey Color Me Silly and Oh Baby Boy. The brown patterned paper is from Recollections.

5 comments:

Arielle H Gordon said...

This is gorgeous, Vickie! I love the image of the bird! Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ this week!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Vickie, love your bird image! thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Julie Gearinger said...

Love this bird image (now I will have to search for this paper as well :-)) The composition works well with the colors and the sentiment is perfect- thanks for sharing!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty! Love that bird image. The oval greeting and the leaf accents look great. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week. :o)

Janice M said...

Oh how pretty! Great use of those different DPs. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!