Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Fun in the Sun for Flutter By Wednesdays

I still have lots of fruit trees and spring flowers blooming. Birds, bees, and beautiful butterflies can be seen fluttering around the blossoms, enjoying the unseasonably warm 70-80 degree days. I hope they're not shocked next week when the temps drop to the 30's. I also hope the mass of cherry and apple blossoms decorating my yard this week mean lots of fruit this summer.

Here's my last card today, just for Flutter By Wednesday's Challenge #195 - Anything Goes with a butterfly, fairy or angel.


I stamped the butterfly on white paper using Versamark, then dusted it with three colors of chalk, using the tiny cotton balls that come in my chalk sets. After I cut it out, I applied Glitz glitter gel to the lighter design left on the wings and to the body and sun. That added just the right amount of sparkle and dimension to give the card more interest.

6.5" x 5" Card Recipe:
Paper - Close To My Heart "Jingle" (striped), Veranda (creme brulee pattern), Splendor (sky), Tulip, Creme Brulee, White Daisy cardstock
Stamps - CTMH "Hot Diggity," "Over the Rainbow"
Ink - Versamark, CTMH Creme Brulee and Black
Other - CTMH Glitz Glitter Gel, Creme Brulee Ribbon collection; chalk, ribbon rose

1 comment:

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card, very optimistic and sunny.